Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-04-2010, 06:43 AM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
A last minute update for CES

A number of interesting events have occurred since my last post on CES.

Jinke has updated their website to include the new ebook reader models that will be on display at CES. There will be 2 models present (with 6" and 9" screens).

Sipix epaper screen technology will be on display. That's what the 2 Jinke ebook readers will be using. You should drop by the Jinke booth and check out this E-ink competitor.

A Pixel Qi screen is supposed to be present on the Notion Ink tablet. This tablet is one of at least two that will be on display in the Nvidia booth.

Freescale just announced this morning that it will demo a concept tablet at CES.

According to their tweets, Bebook will be in Las Vegas as an off site exhibitor. The tweets hint that Bebook's new device will be using a Liquavista screen, not E-ink.

Last edited by Nate the great; 01-04-2010 at 07:32 AM. Reason: added Bebook mention
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 07:12 AM   #2
Stormchild
Evangelist
Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stormchild ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook 1. BeBook Mini. BeBook Neo and Club. BeBook Live. BeeBook Pure.
I don't think you have posted this but Bebook could be about to do something special if this Tweet is anything to go by. http://twitter.com/bebook
No more Jinke? Is this why the BeBook 2 has been delayed for so long? Can't wait to find out. Probably nothing.
Stormchild is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 07:28 AM   #3
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
I don't think you have posted this but Bebook could be about to do something special if this Tweet is anything to go by. http://twitter.com/bebook
No more Jinke? Is this why the BeBook 2 has been delayed for so long? Can't wait to find out. Probably nothing.
Thank you!
Old 01-04-2010, 10:17 AM   #4
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: Sony PRS-300. PRS-650, PRS-900, iPad2, Iconia A500, Irex Iliad (sold)
Jinke's using Sipix displays?
According to this page, it's the same technology used by Polymer Vision.

Last edited by m-reader; 01-04-2010 at 10:20 AM.
m-reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:25 AM   #5
Kilarney
Connoisseur
Kilarney doesn't litterKilarney doesn't litter

Device: Sony Reader PRS-500
I'm really interested in the Notion Ink Adam.

I'm also very interested in a potential Bebook device with a liquavista display.

Can my wallet be pried open to replace my PRS-500? I've been waiting for a step forward in e-ink displays. Hopefully that day is coming soon.
Kilarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2010, 10:32 AM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Jinke's using Sipix displays?
According to this page, it's the same technology used by Polymer Vision.
I'll follow up on it, but I'm pretty sure Sipix has been doing its own R&D. I don't think their screens are based on technology developed by e-Ink Corp (the screens made by PVI are).
Old 01-04-2010, 10:56 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
That's some cool video!
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:57 AM   #8
m-reader
Guru
m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!m-reader rocks like Gibraltar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilarney View Post
I'm really interested in the Notion Ink Adam.

I'm also very interested in a potential Bebook device with a liquavista display.

Can my wallet be pried open to replace my PRS-500? I've been waiting for a step forward in e-ink displays. Hopefully that day is coming soon.
My wallet is staying shut until after the CES me thinks
Old 01-04-2010, 11:08 AM   #9
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I'll follow up on it, but I'm pretty sure Sipix has been doing its own R&D. I don't think their screens are based on technology developed by e-Ink Corp (the screens made by PVI are).
Are you mistaking PVI (Prime View International, now owners of e-ink) for Polymer Vision (bankrupted developer of the Readius device)?
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:09 AM   #10
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Are you mistaking PVI (Prime View International, now owners of e-ink) for Polymer Vision (bankrupted developer of the Readius device)?
Yes, I did. Thanks for catching my goof.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:20 AM   #11
ekaser
Opinion Artiste
ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.ekaser has a propeller beanie that spins backward.

Device: Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire
Quote:
A number of interesting events have occurred since my last post on CES.

Freescale just announced this morning that it will demo a concept tablet at CES.
Here's an article about the Freescale design on CNet:
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-10423606-64.html
ekaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:24 AM   #12
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post

Sorry I don't get it. According to their web site, Sipix is making the screens that Polymer Vision uses (or used to use rather). Nothing to do with PVI.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:33 AM   #13
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-reader View Post
Sorry I don't get it. According to their web site, Sipix is making the screens that Polymer Vision uses (or used to use rather). Nothing to do with PVI.
He was asking if I made a mistake. I did.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:37 AM   #14
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Polymervision did try the SiPix EPD in their device years ago but the Readius protypes and production were to be the EInk/PVI film. They are no longer Bankrupt, if you hadn't heard, having been bought up by Wistron. They are busily working on the updated version of the Readius for launch this year.
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:46 AM   #15
m-reader
Guru

Quote:
He was asking if I made a mistake. I did.
Never mind - my bad, it's getting late I think