Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-01-2009, 02:08 PM   #1
BlueMonkey
Evangelist
BlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it is

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Nexus S
Smile free eBook Collections: Classics of English and American Literature

I don't know how many of you know about txtr.com, an open online platform and community for digital texts. It is designed to work closely with the upcoming txtr reader but is open for everyone else as well. As they cooperate with MobileRead, Gutenberg.org, Munseys.com and others there's already a huge amount of free ebooks available for download or online view in their database - without any need to register or something.

A very nice feature of txtr.com is the possibility to create collections of free digital texts (and share them via RSS if you want to). For my blog project (txtrblog.de / German ) I created two collections with classics of English and American Literature and thought that you might be interested in them. The selection of texts is based on my faculty's official reading list (English philology and American Studies) here at the University of Würzburg, Germany. But don't panic - all the texts are in English

All the texts are available in plain text or HTML, somtimes PDF or ePub. I always just included one text format - so if you happen to want one of the eBooks in another format just try the search bar ;-)

Enjoy reading :-)

P.S.: I appreciate new activities the txtr.com community - so if you happen to spend a lot of time on creating a txtr.com-collection feel free to share it with us and to tell my about it - I'm always willing to feature community initiatives on my txtrblog You can also add me as a txtr.com-buddy - here's my profile.

Last edited by BlueMonkey; 10-01-2009 at 02:10 PM. Reason: grammar, grammar and still ...grammar :-/
BlueMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:30 PM   #2
estral
Just trying to survive
estral doesn't litterestral doesn't litterestral doesn't litter

Device: Nexus 7 2013, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Not compatible with IE 8

I cannot see your site.

All I get is an advertisement for Firefox.

sorry
estral is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2009, 01:03 PM   #3
BlueMonkey
Evangelist
BlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it isBlueMonkey knows what time it is

Device: Astak EZ Reader Pocket Pro, Nexus S
Question

Which one? All links work for me in IE 8 and firefox
BlueMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american literature, classics, english literature, txtr.com