Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 02-12-2014, 03:26 AM   #1
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Exclamation EPUB to MOBI/AZW3 loses formatting

I'm trying to convert an epub file into something I can read on my kindle, but when I run it through Calibre it inserts a line between every paragraph and loses the paragraph indents. I've seen this happen with other epubs and never figured out how to fix it. Does anyone know how to convert it while saving the formatting?
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 07:00 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siavahda View Post
I'm trying to convert an epub file into something I can read on my kindle, but when I run it through Calibre it inserts a line between every paragraph and loses the paragraph indents. I've seen this happen with other epubs and never figured out how to fix it. Does anyone know how to convert it while saving the formatting?
It would help if we had more info on the conversion. The sticky post at the top of this sub-forum How to ask a question about conversion problems has info on what is needed for us to help.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Under Conversion settings ==> Look and feel you have probably enabled "insert blank line between paragraphs".
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
conversion, epub, formatting, mobi