Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-18-2013, 04:07 PM   #166
dandelioncottage
Abibliophobe
dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dandelioncottage ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 2 64 gb, Nook Glowlight, iPad 4 (128 gb)
Harlequin deal from Books on Board

I just got an e-mail from BoB:

This Weekend Only! Net 40% Off ALL Harlequin eBook titles. No Promo Code necessary. Discount + Rewards Dollars Back!
dandelioncottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:08 PM   #167
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post

This Weekend Only! Net 40% Off ALL Harlequin eBook titles. No Promo Code necessary. Discount + Rewards Dollars Back!
Hmm not seeing it yet. Maybe it starts tomorrow.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 PM   #168
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dandelioncottage View Post

Kobo is the better deal with vouchercodes40 since the code is applied after Kobo's initial discount (Unless the book isn't available at Kobo).

40%(11%($4.99)) = 48%
40%(17%($6.99)) = 51%
40%(23%($10.99)) = 54%
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:04 PM   #169
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
(Unless the book isn't available at Kobo).
Or if it was published before July 2010. A lot of Harlequin titles from before that have screwed up formatting on Kobo (& believe me you don't want to deal with their CS if you can help it).
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #170
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Or if it was published before July 2010. A lot of Harlequin titles from before that have screwed up formatting on Kobo (& believe me you don't want to deal with their CS if you can help it).
Agreed. I have forgotten that a few times. I don't want a kepub version. I want the publisher's version. I usually rebuy the book elsewhere when I get the kepub. Some of their other books don't have a download at all. Take Susan Anderson's Hot and Bothered. I bought it before realizing there is no epub at all.
Old 01-19-2013, 10:29 AM   #171
eReaderPerks
Groupie
eReaderPerks began at the beginning.

Device: kindle kobo and nook
I am glad you like them, Blossom!

Here are more top-rated Kindle Romance books for Saturday, January 19, 2013: (All freebies listed are 4.5+ star rated.)

Lords of Honor (Lords of Avalon)

Meg's Moment

The Music Within

SOMEWHERE MY LOVE (Somewhere In Time)

The Real Fling

Happy reading.

Last edited by eReaderPerks; 01-19-2013 at 10:32 AM. Reason: corrected links/spacing
eReaderPerks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:19 PM   #172
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Gold Box Deal of the Day: Kindle Romance Novels, $1.99 or Less
25 Novels and some authors I do recognize.

I picked up the Where the Wind Blows which is a former Dorchester title.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #173
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Gold Box Deal of the Day: Kindle Romance Novels, $1.99 or Less
25 Novels and some authors I do recognize.

I picked up the Where the Wind Blows which is a former Dorchester title.
Uh oh, are you sure you didn't already have it? It was free from Amazon back in 2/12.

I grabbed Dangerous Waters and Far From Perfect

BTW, these are all now under Amazon's Montlake imprint
Old 01-19-2013, 04:36 PM   #174
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Uh oh, are you sure you didn't already have it? It was free from Amazon back in 2/12.

No I think I missed that one. 99 cents is close to free.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #175
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:

Yep, the Fyffe book was free in February. They gave it a new ASIN number when it went to Montlake.
One had to be so careful now. It doesn't show as already owned when clicking on the new version. Thankfully there is the 7 day refund option with Amazon.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #176
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:

Okay I had to go looksee now I've bought them too.

These are books you have to look past the covers to see what is in them. Amazon doesn't know a romance books cover is suppose to appeal to women.

Okay just bought another one: Guardians of Stone Thanks to Karen's blog! The last one I swear!

Last edited by Blossom; 01-19-2013 at 05:19 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 08:09 PM   #177
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Okay I had to go looksee now I've bought them too.

These are books you have to look past the covers to see what is in them. Amazon doesn't know a romance books cover is suppose to appeal to women.

Okay just bought another one: Guardians of Stone Thanks to Karen's blog! The last one I swear!
I am such a sucker for a sale. I went back and also got Redemption and Absolution by Susannah Sandlin (aka Suzanne Johnson who writes for Tor). Looks like a fresh take on vampires and it's been awhile since I've found a new paranormal series I want to follow.

Now I've got a nice sampling of Montlake titles, hopefully I picked a few good ones.
Old 01-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #178
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
I am such a sucker for a sale. I went back and also got Redemption and Absolution by Susannah Sandlin (aka Suzanne Johnson who writes for Tor). Looks like a fresh take on vampires and it's been awhile since I've found a new paranormal series I want to follow.

Now I've got a nice sampling of Montlake titles, hopefully I picked a few good ones.
I looked at them but the excerpt didn't draw me in. Right now I am reading A Certain Wolfish Charm by Lydia Dare. My First historical in a year. I was expecting more than a cookie cutter regency romance that has been done so many times. The only difference is the torture hero is a werewolf. There is no world building which I think is what disappointed me most. The modern dialogue mixed in keeps pulling me out of story. The British voice actors in my head don't talk that way.

Good thing it was a Library book.

The second book I am reading is the Third book in the Shadow Wranglers series called Jace by Sarah McCarty. I finished the first two last week. I am so loving the world building in these books. These are hot romances. The love scenes are not as explicit as Erotic Romance but close enough. The alpha males remind me of Lora Leigh's Breed heroes.

Also Library Books before they imposed the 7 day lending limit.
Old 01-19-2013, 11:34 PM   #179
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
Quote:

Also Library Books before they imposed the 7 day lending limit.
I have found if I check library books out for kindle, I can keep them open on my kindle as long as I do not connect to wireless, i.e. time enough to finish the book. The downside, of course, is no connection to wireless in that time so that is motivation to finish them up quick. I don't know if it works with the sideload books, but it does with the normal kindle ones.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 11:41 PM   #180
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joykins View Post
I have found if I check library books out for kindle, I can keep them open on my kindle as long as I do not connect to wireless, i.e. time enough to finish the book. The downside, of course, is no connection to wireless in that time so that is motivation to finish them up quick. I don't know if it works with the sideload books, but it does with the normal kindle ones.
I do have a few Kindles to spare. Thanks for the tip!