Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 04-03-2012, 01:09 PM   #1
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
"User CP" not working [solved: clear browser cache]

After the maintenance, I click on the "User CP" link (top left) and it brings me to the main forums page. Am I alone? Is it a problem with my browser?

EDIT: It's not the only thing not working, the "Bookeen" forum does the same.

Last edited by Jellby; 04-03-2012 at 01:30 PM.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 01:38 PM   #2
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Hi Jellby, this is indeed strange and I cannot replicate the problem. Did you try restarting browser?
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 01:51 PM   #3
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not yet. I tried logging off, and closing the window. If it's not happening to everyone I'll try clearing the cache, restarting, etc.
Old 04-03-2012, 01:53 PM   #4
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
I also have this problem. Hmm. It works correctly in IE, so it's something about Firefox's settings that aren't happy with the forums. (Also, IE shows the headers etc. in English. I can't find anything that lets me change the language of the forum; I've no idea why Firefox thinks I should see forum buttons in German.)

Also: cannot figure out how to log out; I don't read enough German to find a "logout" button.

Last edited by Elfwreck; 04-03-2012 at 01:59 PM.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:00 PM   #5
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I apologize for this. I have started Firefox and noticed the same. I believe it's Firefox having cached the redirect to the "We're upgrading" page. Clearing the cache and restarting Firefox did the trick.
Advert
Old 04-03-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
I apologize for this. I have started Firefox and noticed the same. I believe it's Firefox having cached the redirect to the "We're upgrading" page. Clearing the cache and restarting Firefox did the trick.
Quoting myself, it's what I thought:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...-301-redirects
http://getluky.net/2010/12/14/301-re...nnot-be-undon/

Our mistake for using a 301 (perm redirect) for the temporary upgrade page rather than a 302 (which would not have been cached by Firefox).

Last edited by Alexander Turcic; 04-03-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #7
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
I also have this problem. Hmm. It works correctly in IE, so it's something about Firefox's settings that aren't happy with the forums. (Also, IE shows the headers etc. in English. I can't find anything that lets me change the language of the forum; I've no idea why Firefox thinks I should see forum buttons in German.)

Also: cannot figure out how to log out; I don't read enough German to find a "logout" button.
Works fine with Firfox here.

At the bottom of the forums page (and several other pages), the second field from the left lets you select the language, English or German.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #8
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
At the bottom of the forums page (and several other pages), the second field from the left lets you select the language, English or German.
Found it; thanks! (Of course, I should have thought "I'll look on the FAQ search page for language settings. Now, what's the German word for FAQ?" Gah.) I've got no idea how that got switched but it was driving me crazy.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:08 PM   #9
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch

Restarted the browser (Opera). It works fine now.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #10
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer

Fixed! Thanks.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:14 PM   #11
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

I am looking for a workaround to force the browser to ignore/remove the cached redirect. If it doesn't work, we'll put up a notice for instructions to clear the cache. Sorry again.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:05 PM   #12
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
I cannot access the main forums page. I can access UserCP page and using subscribed threads I can get to some forums but all attempts to go to the main forums page returns error 404.

I have cleared brower history, restarted browser (IE 8) and rebooted my computer; nothing helps.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:01 PM   #13
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Hey GeckoFriend,

Theoretically it should work after clearing your browser's cache and restarting the browser, but it seems IE 8 (and early betas of 9) doesn't properly remove the cached redirect even when clearing the cache.

I found the following instruction that applies to IE 9 beta, but perhaps it would also work for you. It's worth giving a shot:

Quote:
I found solution for IE9's permanent cached in redirection issue:
- Open IE9 and press Ctrl+Shift+P for private browsing
- Navigate to the problem URL
- Then go back to normal browsing and all should be fine again
Old 04-03-2012, 04:23 PM   #14
GeckoFriend
Guru
GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeckoFriend ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad Mini4, Kindle Voyage
Fixed! Thanks for the help.
GeckoFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:39 PM   #15
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfwreck View Post
(Of course, I should have thought "I'll look on the FAQ search page for language settings. Now, what's the German word for FAQ?" Gah.)
If you will need it once again: it's very often simply "FAQ" too, but here it's translated to "Hilfe" (help).
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote