Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 12:15 AM   #1
wygit
Enthusiast
wygit doesn't litterwygit doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Newsfeed titles?

OK, I've played with grabbing some of the included newsfeeds for the first time.I've searched for this, but am not having any luck.

Simple question.
Is there any way with the standard recipes to have the title of the converted feed be something lile Title - date?

If I grab the New Yorker, the Title is "calibre 0.6.36 tUxHaB recipe out"
and it's tagged with "news, The New Yorker".

Sorry if this has been covered a hundred times already.
wygit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:30 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
you have set reading metadata from filenames only in your preferences. unset it and you will be fine.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 09:34 AM   #3
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Quote:
Originally Posted by wygit View Post
If I grab the New Yorker, the Title is "calibre 0.6.36 tUxHaB recipe out"
and it's tagged with "news, The New Yorker".
I just submitted some code yesterday to fix this regardless of the setting Kovid referred to. I need to turn this setting on for a lot of book entries, and often forget to turn it off, or have a recipe run while I'm still working. I'm not sure if it will be accepted.
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
wygit
Enthusiast
wygit doesn't litterwygit doesn't litter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starson17 View Post
I just submitted some code yesterday to fix this regardless of the setting Kovid referred to. I need to turn this setting on for a lot of book entries, and often forget to turn it off, or have a recipe run while I'm still working. I'm not sure if it will be accepted.
Thanks! Sounds like what I need, since I run very plain on my book conversions and WANT the metadata from the filename on books.
wygit is offline   Reply With Quote