Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2013, 06:32 PM   #781
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
@NiLuJe-
*mutter, mutter...show off...mutter*
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:06 AM   #782
zhongfu
zhongfu began at the beginning.

Device: K5W
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hey, thanks for that second screenshot.

I actually like that 'bug' - the overlay on top of where you are at in the book whenever the system is suspended.

PS: Thanks for including the gimp file, not all Kindles take the same size graphics.
I did make one for Paperwhite, but then it looked kind of weird so I kinda gave up

fyi, for anyone wondering: just drop it in place of /linkss/cover_cache/overlay.png (and overlay-pw.png if you made one for Paperwhite)
zhongfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:03 AM   #783
Eltanin
Eltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
I ordered original paperwhite cover, but I don't like autowake function a bit.
It makes I will never see my custom screensaver

Is there possible to work kindle in that way:
- when I open cover, kindle turn on, but I need to swipe across my screensaver to see text
- when I close cover, kindle turn off.

Exactly like with ads, but with my custom wallpaper instead.
Eltanin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:21 AM   #784
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Yes - enable the password lock

or
Just remove the magnet from the corner of the cover.

Last edited by knc1; 10-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 11:52 AM   #785
Eltanin
Eltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheeseEltanin can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Yes - enable the password lock
But then I see only piece of screensaver and password window on it.

Quote:
Just remove the magnet from the corner of the cover
I wouldn't like to break cover worth 40$

There is no more solution ?

Last edited by Eltanin; 10-07-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #786
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltanin View Post
But then I see only piece of screensaver and password window on it.

I wouldn't like to break cover worth 40$

There is no more solution ?
For a: "Device: None" ?
Hard to say.
Please update your info. block.
Old 10-07-2013, 12:00 PM   #787
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@Eltanin: Nope, not AFAIK.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #788
Eltanin

I base about info from this forum, amazon and youtube.
I don't have any kindle.... yet :P Waiting for deliver PW2.

But I already have cover (shiped earlier).
Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #789
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
I base about info from this forum, amazon and youtube.
I don't have any kindle.... yet :P Waiting for deliver PW2.

But I already have cover (shiped earlier).
Return cover - order one without a magnet, lots of them to choose from on the 'net (K4, K5-touch, K5-paperwhite - all same size cover).
Old 10-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #790
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Monthly updates!

Python 0.8.N, ScreenSavers 0.15.N:
* Updated binaries.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:09 AM   #791
jdubon3
jdubon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
I ordered original paperwhite cover, but I don't like autowake function a bit.
It makes I will never see my custom screensaver

Is there possible to work kindle in that way:
- when I open cover, kindle turn on, but I need to swipe across my screensaver to see text
- when I close cover, kindle turn off.

Exactly like with ads, but with my custom wallpaper instead.
I know it's not possible at the moment, but is this something that could be worked on? I finally paid the $20 because I wanted my own screensaver and had a fml moment when it auto-woke, anticipating this very issue... My images look awesome, but I'd love it if I could see it for more than a hot second
jdubon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2013, 12:58 PM   #792
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@jdubon3: Unlikely, since I don't even have said cover ;p.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:01 PM   #793
knc1
Going Viral

Take magnet out of corner of cover
or
return cover and buy one without auto wake magnet
Old 10-29-2013, 04:27 PM   #794
jdubon3
jdubon3 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Take magnet out of corner of cover
or
return cover and buy one without auto wake magnet
I dont want to damage a perfectly good cover and the reason we want the tap-to-wake feature, like that of the ads, is because A) swiping at the screen is more convenient that reaching for a tiny button on the bottom, and B) having that feature would illuminate the screensaver, thus making it look better based on the tenth of a second i see it happen lol
jdubon3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:40 AM   #795
arad26
Zealot
arad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitarad26 with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

Device: PW2
Hello everyone. I am having a problem after upgrading to the new PW software. After updating i loose my jailbreak. It happened when i updated to 5.3.8 and now to 5.3.8.1. I have the screensaver hack which i now i will loose after the upgrade , but now i can't install it again it gives me error 007 . Now i have to downgrade again to 5.3.5 install the jailbreak again and all that. Why is this happening? Why do i loose the jailbreak? Thank you
arad26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, python, screensavers, touch