Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-24-2011, 02:48 PM   #1
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Getting Daily news Feeds on the Nook STR

Saw this interenting 'how to" video tip on Cnet thought I would share.

http://cnettv.cnet.com/9742-1_53-501...?tag=cnetRiver
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #2
mercuryrsng
mercuryrsng began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR
Very awesome...I was wondering how to do that...Calibre FTW!
mercuryrsng is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-24-2011, 03:24 PM   #3
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Calibre and Media Monkey is all I need to have the best digital managment systems. Love them both.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 03:52 PM   #4
ramk13
ramk13 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kindle 3
Anyone have any ideas on how to push these updates over the air? Calibre has a content server, but there would have to be an app or something on the Nook to fetch the files.
ramk13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:52 AM   #5
crashed
Connoisseur
crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crashed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ramk13 View Post
Anyone have any ideas on how to push these updates over the air? Calibre has a content server, but there would have to be an app or something on the Nook to fetch the files.
I don't think we will have that option for sometime, it would require the web browser to be updated and supported. I'm hoping BN does this at least, or XDA community.

Once we get a decent web browser, it should work fine with Calibre.
crashed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2011, 04:59 PM   #6
spedinfargo
Groupie
spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.spedinfargo is the king of the Divan.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashed View Post
I don't think we will have that option for sometime, it would require the web browser to be updated and supported. I'm hoping BN does this at least, or XDA community.

Once we get a decent web browser, it should work fine with Calibre.
Have your Calibre directory sync to your Dropbox account, then install Dropbox on your rooted STR and sync up.

Should work in theory (I haven't rooted my STR yet...)
spedinfargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
ramk13
ramk13 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook STR, Kindle 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by spedinfargo View Post
Have your Calibre directory sync to your Dropbox account, then install Dropbox on your rooted STR and sync up.

Should work in theory (I haven't rooted my STR yet...)
Haven't rooted mine yet either, but this sounds like an excellent solution which doesn't require you to do go through the browser each time. Thanks!
ramk13 is offline   Reply With Quote