Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-19-2009, 06:27 PM   #1
mac
Enthusiast
mac began at the beginning.

Device: Iliad
Using Ren'Py as comic viewer for Iliad.

I had made an "comic viewer" for Iliad using Ren'Py (6.92 version+ Iliad compiler 6.81).
I have include only 4 comics pages as example (you can see up 99 pages).

For instalation only need to unzip in your compat flash or mmc and then turn on your Iliad and go to the directory and run (Iliad only show Ren'Py game name not all the directories).
When you start "the game" for each page you can choose 10 options.

If you want see your own comics you need include your pages in jpg format in the game directory(Iliad only show Ren'Py game name not all the directories). For each page two images are necesary:

Frist is an image 724x940 size (vertical mode), which name must be XX.jpg (XX=page number).
Second is an image 768x952 size (landscape mode),which name must be XXb.jpg (XX=page number).

Remarks.- When I used Ren´Py 6.81 version only 4 o 5 pages are showed.
When each page is loaded there is a flicker efect I do not know the reason (with the 6.81 version there is no efect)
Attached Files
File Type: zip Iliadcb.zip (5.12 MB, 306 views)

Last edited by mac; 07-19-2009 at 06:32 PM.
mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 04:53 PM   #2
mac
Enthusiast

New version

This is only an experiment with RenPy than I think is useful for the people that is thinking on an image viewer for Iliad, so it’s basically an idea . The best could to do some similar for the IPDF in order to use PDF comics generates for JEComics converter, but I can not do .
In this version I have changed the menu for graphics icons that I think that are more clear.
To install :
a) Unzip in your computer
b) In the game directory put your comics Images (see notes in the first post)
c) Copy in your MMC or compactflash the Iliadcb directory
d) Turn on your Iliad and go to your MMC or compactflash Iliadcb directory
e) Clik on the Renpy Icon.
To use :
a) Push start game or load game (if you have been saved some session previously)
b) Select one icon (wit the pen), the first go to next or previous page. The others 11 “cut” the image in pieces as are indicated in the icon, with the Iliad flip bar you can go form one piece to other one (in this version the pieces are read form left to right and up to down but adapt the program for manga comics could be easy). You must select the best for the page.
c) If you want to quit or save the page push long the Iliad dot button.
This version not avoid the flicker that the Renpy cause in the Iliad and with the last Renpy version (6.93) I can not compile for Iliad.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Iliadcb2-iLiad.zip (5.80 MB, 252 views)
Advert
Old 10-09-2009, 07:22 AM   #3
mac
Enthusiast

Realase 3

I added a new option, continious mode, and now you can choose 3 viewer modes, manga/comic/column.
The images now are in the comic1 folder ,down the game folder, and can be jpg or png format (the same for all comic pages).
Now the image name is 1.jpg, 2.jpg,.... (or png).

Note.- PDFRead convert PDF to png image sequence.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Iliadcb3-iLiad.zip (5.82 MB, 220 views)

Last edited by mac; 10-10-2009 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:38 AM   #4
mac
Enthusiast

Last version

You can now select different comics. They are down the directory comics in folders 1,2, ... . In this are the images files (2/page) and a “title.txt” file with the title and images resolution (now you can use any resolution, better close to 724/940 aspect ratio to avoid distortions). The continuous option is now the first in order to make easy select with buttons (down arrow+short dot ).
Bug .- Double flicker
Notes.-
If you put many images in directory you can hung Iliad, or if uses very large images.
It’s necessary that all the folders are in sequence. Every directory must have the “title.txt” file and the images must be begin with page number 1 (1.jpg,1b.jpg,2.jpg,2b.jpg,....)
See attach pdf

P.S-Also I do a version that play songs in page (Oneils dance) but don't runs on Iliad (the windows version runs well).
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ILIAD COMIC VIEWER.pdf (364.4 KB, 360 views)
File Type: zip Iliadcb7-iLiad.zip (10.63 MB, 253 views)

Last edited by mac; 10-24-2009 at 04:32 AM. Reason: P.S Added
Old 11-10-2009, 01:56 PM   #5
good153
Enthusiast
good153 began at the beginning.

Device: irex iliad
Thanks very much for your effort and generosity.
good153 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert