Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-01-2009, 06:04 AM   #1
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
eBook Library and Office 2007

I just tried Sony eBook Library 2.2.00.18100 to import a Word document to my PRS-500 (with Windows XP and Office 2007 Ultimate). eBook Library doesn't recognise DOCX documents at all and although DOC documents add to the library, when you attempt to transfer them to the Reader you get a conversion error.
Does 2.5 address this or does Sony eBook Library still not work with Office 2007?
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 06:14 AM   #2
xianfox
Ebook Addict
xianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it isxianfox knows what time it is

Device: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
I just gave this a try in 2.5. I've not used the Word conversion prior to this. I was able to convert a 2003 document and put it on my 700, but a 2007 document would not convert, It gave no errors on the 2007 document, just didn't convert it.

FTR: I have Office 2007 installed on this machine, not 2003 with 2007 compatibility pack. Hopefully Sony will update eBook Library to support 2007 soon.

Happy New Year.
xianfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2009, 07:55 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best solution actually is to save as RTF and import the RTF.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote