Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-16-2008, 03:50 PM   #46
bwaldron
Wizard
bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bwaldron ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles: Paperwhite Signature Ed., Oasis 2, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
I always have trouble with my pronouns...
Oui, moi aussi
bwaldron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:19 PM   #47
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Le sange est sur la branche?

(J'adore Eddie Izzard)
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #48
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
quick somebody call alex : we should make this into the MR theme song. or at the least, a tagline on the home page or something.
lol I'm not sure it would make a good song but for some reason the thought of HarryT traveling to Paris made me think of "A Tale of Two Cities".
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:54 PM   #49
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
ZP:

I saw a nice review on the Bookeen Cybook Gen3 here; it compares the Cybook with an LCD device (Asus eee) and thought you may find it 'enlightening' based on your own findings to date.

I converted the review to .imp and .prc ebooks for your use!

Enjoy!
Attached Files
File Type: imp Bookeen Cybook Review.imp (219.7 KB, 227 views)
File Type: imp Bookeen Cybook Review_1200.imp (163.5 KB, 229 views)
File Type: prc Bookeen Cybook Review.prc (212.0 KB, 224 views)
File Type: zip Bookeen Cybook Review.zip (210.8 KB, 223 views)

Last edited by nrapallo; 07-16-2008 at 07:55 PM. Reason: now includes source files in .zip
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:03 PM   #50
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
do you mean that it doesn't notice a closing italic tag, and continues to italicise the text ? what do you mean by italic mode ?
i found out why this happens, hadrien explained it to me : it's a problem with the way mobipocket reads the files, it only "reads" the part which is displayed, so it can easily miss a closing tag. wait for epub : that should fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaggieScratch View Post
Zelda--this is great, do please keep adding your comments as you enjoy your semaine de la liseuse! (It IS la liseuse, isn't it? Not le? I always have trouble with my pronouns...) I lusted after an eBookwise for years, when I was too poor to buy one...I never realized how much bigger they were than the Cybook! For some reason I always thought them smaller, width- and length-wise. Not surprised the Cybook is thinner. I'm still kind of startled by the thinness of the Cybook when I take it out of the case. I agree with your comments on the navigation buttons--I think Amazon was inspired by the eBookwise's page up/page down buttons for the Kindle.
i'm glad you find it interesting ! i'll have a few more observations to add i'm sure. i wish i wasn't working so much this week, it really cuts into my reading time !!
edit : oh, and yes, it is "la liseuse" (otherwise, it would be "le liseur").

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post

(J'adore Eddie Izzard)
moi pas comprendre.... confused.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
lol I'm not sure it would make a good song but for some reason the thought of HarryT traveling to Paris made me think of "A Tale of Two Cities".
hm. weird. i can't imagine why harryt of all people would evoke a dickens story. particularly *that* story, in this context. yep, it's just incomprehensible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
ZP:

I saw a nice review on the Bookeen Cybook Gen3 here; it compares the Cybook with an LCD device (Asus eee) and thought you may find it 'enlightening' based on your own findings to date.

Enjoy!
thanks nick ! we can always count on you. i'll go test it out right away.

Last edited by zelda_pinwheel; 07-16-2008 at 07:04 PM.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-16-2008, 06:47 PM   #51
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
i found out why this happens, hadrien explained it to me : it's a problem with the way mobipocket reads the files, it only "reads" the part which is displayed, so it can easily miss a closing tag. wait for epub : that should fix it.

Grumble, grumble - Bad programming, the data is right there in the buffer - grumble...

(People don't hate computers, they hate lazy programmers! (R.A.H.))
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 06:49 PM   #52
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

special characters : yay !!!

hadrien and another member (i'll find the post in the morning...) recommended "DejaVu" font as being particularly complete, so i installed it, and it's a miracle !! no more of those stupid empty squares ! all my special characters are displayed correctly !!
Old 07-16-2008, 06:50 PM   #53
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Sir Edward View Post
Grumble, grumble - Bad programming, the data is right there in the buffer - grumble...

(People don't hate computers, they hate lazy programmers! (R.A.H.))
sing it, brotha.
Old 07-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #54
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
sing it, brotha.
Sorry, it's not the programmers... it's the company that wants us to do as little as they think they can get paid for. Programmers usually want to keep working until it is perfect. We just aren't given that opportunity.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #55
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
Sorry, it's not the programmers... it's the company that wants us to do as little as they think they can get paid for. Programmers usually want to keep working until it is perfect. We just aren't given that opportunity.

BOb
Sorry, right. Anybody got a Voodoo doll for the managers involved? I've got the pins......
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 10:53 PM   #56
DMcCunney
New York Editor
DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DMcCunney ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PalmTX, Pocket eDGe, Alcatel Fierce 4, RCA Viking Pro 10, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
"At some point, you have to shoot the engineer and put the thing into production."

I'd call poor specs and worse understanding of the customer needs a far worse problem. Ever work on a projec that was alte and over budget because the requirements were a moving target?

Even if you are given the time, perfect code is meaningless if management told you to do the wrong thing to begin with.
______
Dennis
DMcCunney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 12:21 AM   #57
basschick
Wizard
basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.basschick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
one other thing when comparing the eee to the cybook - the eee gets very hot when it's left on for a while. the outside gets up to 110 degrees f (44 c, i think) which is way too hot to hold. when i use my eee, i use it with a cooler, but that's too much stuff to hold while you're sitting back reading. the cybook doesn't heat up while i'm reading with it, or if it does, it's not enough to notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrapallo View Post
ZP:

Enjoy!
basschick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2008, 03:49 AM   #58
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by basschick View Post
one other thing when comparing the eee to the cybook - the eee gets very hot when it's left on for a while. the outside gets up to 110 degrees f (44 c, i think) which is way too hot to hold. when i use my eee, i use it with a cooler, but that's too much stuff to hold while you're sitting back reading. the cybook doesn't heat up while i'm reading with it, or if it does, it's not enough to notice.
although, could be the perfect solution, for those long winter evenings, if you don't have a roaring fire to read in front of. think of what you will save on heating bills.
Old 07-17-2008, 04:06 AM   #59
Mindy
Away with the Faeries
Mindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipseMindy can illuminate an eclipse

Device: Sony PRS 650
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post

(J'adore Eddie Izzard)
moi pas comprendre.... confused.
My fault, typo, should be le SINGE est sur la branche.
Eddie Izzard is a British (executive transvestite) stand-up comedian/comedienne (depending on how he feels that day) who does portions of his show in French and has, in fact, learned enough to do a few shows entirely in French, in France. I think his next project was to do one in Russian, but I think he's been too caught up in films and stuff lately to do another show (most recently he was the voice of Reepicheep in Prince Caspian).
I think he's absolutely brilliant.
Mindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 01:31 AM   #60
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
I would happily marry Eddie Izzard and do his makeup for him. Seriously. I'm a licensed professional.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote