Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Bookeen

Notices

Old 07-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #31
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
But you see, to get the proper experience, you need to have someone next to you in bed tossing and turning and asking how late you're planning on staying up reading.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
well, i'm working on that part... i'll see what i can do. for test purposes, i mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
I am willing to heroically sacrifice myself in the interests of science, if you want a volunteer!
This is the reason we need to get back nested quotes! I almost missed HarryT's sacrifice...
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:55 PM   #32
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I thought you'd be impressed by the lengths I'm willing to go to to further the cause of e-Books!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #33
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
I thought you'd be impressed by the lengths I'm willing to go to to further the cause of e-Books!
now wait a minute, just how big a sacrifice do think that would be ????
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:03 PM   #34
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, perhaps not a terribly great one .
Old 07-15-2008, 01:05 PM   #35
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Quote:
I just noticed that there's a potentially salacious reading of this remark. Since I almost never pick up on such things, I'm quite proud of myself. Even though I doubt HarryT intended the meaning I have thought of.

Maybe I should have kept this to myself. But what the heck, I doubt I've had a negative effect on the direction this thread was headed anyway....
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #36
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I just noticed that there's a potentially salacious reading of this remark. Since I almost never pick up on such things, I'm quite proud of myself. Even though I doubt HarryT intended the meaning I have thought of.

Maybe I should have kept this to myself. But what the heck, I doubt I've had a negative effect on the direction this thread was headed anyway....
so nothing struck you back here ?
Old 07-15-2008, 01:19 PM   #37
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
so nothing struck you back here ?
Oh no, I got that as well. That's why I thought my mutterings couldn't hurt the thread's general direction. I guess I started it, though.

I'm sure sharing a hotel room with two twin beds with some appropriate relative would serve the testing purpose equally well, but maybe you should invite HarryT to Paris, just in case....
Old 07-15-2008, 01:20 PM   #38
zelda_pinwheel

i don't know... i'm afraid he might exterminate me by accident.

(watch where you're pointing that thing !)
Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #39
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

I can be in Paris in about 90 minutes from where I live .
Old 07-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #40
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Hm. Yes, I can see the problem. Plus, I'm not sure Daleks use beds.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:34 PM   #41
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
I can be in Paris in about 90 minutes from where I live .
good heavens. that sounds like a threat to me !
Old 07-15-2008, 07:29 PM   #42
BKeeper
Groupie
BKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enoughBKeeper will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle PW
Click image for larger version

Name:	Huns_Ceci_n_est_pas_une_pipe.png
Views:	254
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	14381
Quote:
i don't know... i'm afraid he might exterminate me by accident.

(watch where you're pointing that thing !)
Got a better one Zelda:

"ceci n'est pas une pipe..."
BKeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:15 PM   #43
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
“A Tale of Two Cybooks” by MobileRead

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of unutterable silliness, it was the night of backlit LCD’s, it was the daylight of Vizplex, it was the winter of vent and rant, it was the summer of oh happy day, it was the joy of public domain libraries, it was the despair of DRM...
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 05:51 AM   #44
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barcey View Post
“A Tale of Two Cybooks” by MobileRead

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of unutterable silliness, it was the night of backlit LCD’s, it was the daylight of Vizplex, it was the winter of vent and rant, it was the summer of oh happy day, it was the joy of public domain libraries, it was the despair of DRM...
quick somebody call alex : we should make this into the MR theme song. or at the least, a tagline on the home page or something.
Old 07-16-2008, 11:10 AM   #45
MaggieScratch
Has got to the black veil
MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MaggieScratch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Have you tried night-time reading with a small light yet? That's when I find the lower page contrast of eink gives me some trouble. If you don't normally have someone trying to sleep next to you when you read, go visit a cousin or something.
I would love an integrated light as well; but when I read in dim light (like my bedside lamp), I usually pop up the font size one or two iterations. It helps a great deal.

Zelda--this is great, do please keep adding your comments as you enjoy your semaine de la liseuse! (It IS la liseuse, isn't it? Not le? I always have trouble with my pronouns...) I lusted after an eBookwise for years, when I was too poor to buy one...I never realized how much bigger they were than the Cybook! For some reason I always thought them smaller, width- and length-wise. Not surprised the Cybook is thinner. I'm still kind of startled by the thinness of the Cybook when I take it out of the case. I agree with your comments on the navigation buttons--I think Amazon was inspired by the eBookwise's page up/page down buttons for the Kindle.

Last edited by MaggieScratch; 07-16-2008 at 11:15 AM.
MaggieScratch is offline   Reply With Quote