Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-03-2011, 05:47 PM   #46
Todd Young
Addict
Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Todd Young ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2
Northeastern. I suppose that's not too surprising.
Todd Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 08:37 AM   #47
markbot
Guru
markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markbot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 2
Northern. And I'm from North New Jersey so that fits.
markbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #48
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
The quiz nailed my accent.

Which American accent do you have?

My Results:

Northern You have a Northern accent. That could either be the Chicago/Detroit/Cleveland/Buffalo accent (easily recognizable) or the Western New England accent that news networks go for.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #49
anijh
Connoisseur
anijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it isanijh knows what time it is

Device: Nook 1e, Kindle Fire, and multiple iDevices
Neutral. I'm from South Florida.

My Results:

Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.
anijh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:18 AM   #50
Nyssa
Series Addict
Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nyssa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2nd Gen)

My Results:

Neutral You`re not Northern, Southern, or Western, you`re just plain -American-. Your national identity is more important than your local identity, because you don`t really have a local identity. You might be from the region in that map, which is defined by this kind of accent, but you could easily not be. Or maybe you just moved around a lot growing up.

I am Bahamian born, Miami raised with a few early years in New York. Anyone who knows Florida would understand my pinpointing "Miami". Florida, as a whole, is like 3 separate states in one.
Nyssa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2011, 09:04 PM   #51
Ajax
Addict
Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ajax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4 Touch, Kindle Fire, HP Touchpad
Odd since I've lived in TX almost my entire life.

My Results:

Ajax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 10:56 PM   #52
David71
Enthusiast
David71 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
I'm neutral, which was really no surprise. I was born in Phoenix, AZ, moved to central Florida when I was one and then moved to central Alabama when I was twelve. I've lived here for the past 28 years and people constantly tell me that I have no accent.
David71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 09:13 AM   #53
red_phoenix
Grand Sorcerer
red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.red_phoenix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Neutral

There was only 1 occasion when someone commented on my "accent"...if I remember correctly he was from California. Not really sure that makes a difference.
red_phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:04 AM   #54
74Cuda
MaxPuppy Rules
74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.74Cuda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 8.9 HDX Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Kindle Fire HD, Acer A200
Western
74Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #55
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
Apparently, my accent is either "an r-less NYC or Providence accent or one from Jersey", which is weird, because I'm from the UK
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:22 AM   #56
Torwan
Zealot
Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Torwan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3 (3G)
Neutral - which is not bad for a German
Torwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 10:46 AM   #57
Shimarenda
Addict
Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.Shimarenda can talk to the animals.

Device: Kindle 3, Nook Tablet
I came out Southern, which is correct. The test seems better able to determine my accent than real people however.

I spent a summer working at a number of churches throughout the Bakersfield area. Each week I would move to a different one, and each week I could count on hearing, "You don't have an accent like we thought you would." I guess they were expecting me to sound like those horrible Hollywood "Southern" accents like the Dukes of Hazzard or "drill sergeant #40-quintillion."

I must have an accent, though. One week during that summer, I stayed with a family who were originally from Georgia. By the end of the week, I noticed their accents were returning.
Shimarenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:10 PM   #58
shootingMaNs
later...
shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shootingMaNs ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-600, iRiver Story HD, Nook Color Kobo Libra H2O
Western. A little weird, since I'm from Ohio, and I've lived in upstate New York since 1985.
shootingMaNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 09:38 PM   #59
jocampo
Layback feline
jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jocampo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2nd gen, Sony DPTS1, iPad Pro 10.5"
Neutral ...

But I'm latin. Neither Google voice o Siri never work when I use it. My wife makes jokes about it.
jocampo is offline   Reply With Quote