Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-16-2011, 10:36 AM   #31
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
main memory.
backups, of course, on PC and external drive ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:48 AM   #32
Caltsar
Zealot
Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.Caltsar has not lost his or her sense of wonder.

Device: nook Touch, iPad, iPhone
There's more than enough space on most eBook readers to keep all my books on the internal memory. That said, I try to keep the books on my eBook reader at under a hundred or so because the list tends to get a bit unmanageable otherwise.
Caltsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-16-2011, 11:34 AM   #33
CyGuy
Avid Reader
CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CyGuy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook 902, Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, ASUS TF700, and Cybook Gen III
In a more general sense, I keep all content on SDHC cards. On my phone, my tablet computer, etc the internal memory is for applications and programs only. All media is kept on SDHC cards: eBooks, movies, pictures, music, etc. I can simply insert an SD card into whatever device and there is the content. No syncing, no copy/paste, just insert and you are done...
CyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:12 PM   #34
Hamlet53
Nameless Being

Current reading I just put into main memory. I reserve the SD card for books I always want available, I never remove any of these.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 AM   #35
mediax
Readaholic
mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mediax ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2 (previously 505 and 650)
I've used an external card in both my Sony 505 and 650.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
I just use internal memory. It is simple to load ebooks or remove them via Calibre.
It's just as simple to load them to an external card - just set preferences in Calibre to use the card slot, rather than main memory and books get sent to the card by default.
mediax is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #36
Anthem
Guru
Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Anthem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, OnePlus Nord
I will persist in placing my books on the main memory of my devices until said storage becomes smothered by clutter. And then I just remove crap (so much more space for storage on the computer, after all).
Anthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2011, 07:11 PM   #37
cfrizz
Wizard
cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cfrizz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung 54A, Kobo Libra H2O, Samsung S6 Lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthem View Post
I will persist in placing my books on the main memory of my devices until said storage becomes smothered by clutter. And then I just remove crap (so much more space for storage on the computer, after all).
Yup, every once and awhile, I will go through the books on my reader and delete the ones I know that I'm never going to read again, which frees up more space.

But then again, I haven't even come close to using half of the space on my readers memory.
cfrizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 02:16 AM   #38
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
I use both internal memory and an SD card for storage. I keep more ebooks on my ereader than will fit in the internal memory so I divide my collections between the two, putting all of the ebooks in a collection in one location or the other.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 08:55 AM   #39
mikegetz
Professional Nerd
mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.mikegetz has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nook WiFI, KOBO, Pandigital Novel Personal
i always use "send to card A" in calibre.

the main reason being, if one of our devices fails, and needs to be replaced, it's as simple as swapping out a card. mainly for the wife's Kobo though.
the "internal" memory in my reader is just a 2gb microSD anyway - nothing fancy soldered to the board.
mikegetz is offline   Reply With Quote