Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #1
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
Automatic sync to a memory card (reader)

For some reason there doesn't seem to be a way to sync to a memory card reader automatically. This would be neat as I have connection problems with Iliad and I use a memory card reader for main memory on it anyway. Having to press 'save to disk' and select all those new newsfeeds whenever I leave seems like a bit of a pain. So is this coming, done, or not going to come? and why, if latter?
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:13 AM   #2
Dopedangel
Wizard
Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dopedangel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue
Its not going to come from what I gather.
But you can work around it if you want.
Create a script that will run whenever you attach your card to the computer
to send the files from calibre
Dopedangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #3
klikklak
Connoisseur
klikklak doesn't litterklikklak doesn't litter

Device: nokia 770, PRS-500
Thanks for the reply, I won't be creating a script just now. I'll just try to live with it, besides it's able to see my iliad's main memory every now and then.
klikklak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre's device subsystem relies on being able to recognize specific devices. Adding support for generic locations would require too much work, IMO.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote