Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 03-01-2009, 05:25 AM   #1
eyp
eyp began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 3G 64GB
Different info between reader and Calibre db

Hello, I'm adding some books to Calibre, completing its information trough ISBN code and ISBN db. Well, all works fine, but when I send books to my PRS 700 reader, the titles and authors information are not right.

In Calibre:

Title: Asura
Author: Santiago Eximeno Hernampérez

In the reader:

Title: Asura_PDF
Author: AJEC

How could I have the same information? it's a bug?, it's a limitation of the reader?
eyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Vi0linha
Vi0linha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700 / iPhone
eyp,

what kind of format are the file of the book?
Vi0linha is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 05:47 AM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If it is a PDF file, then I believe that the reader takes the original metadata from the PDF and ignores any that Calibre tries to provide.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
eyp

Yes, it's PDF. Should I convert the book to epub or lrf before sending it to the reader?
Old 03-01-2009, 12:30 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
converting will ensure the metadata is correct.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Vi0linha
Vi0linha began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-700 / iPhone
eyp,

if you are using windows, you just have to click on the file with the right button of the mouse, choose proprieties and the PDF tab. Here you can change the metadata.

This is what I do, faster than convert.
Vi0linha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 02:38 AM   #7
eyp

Well, I think convert a book is faster . Updating metadata by hand is boring, I'd rather let Calibre do it through ISBN code. What I don't know if I'll lost something in the conversion process.
Old 03-19-2009, 03:31 AM   #8
eyp

I'm still having the same problem.

This time I have tried to edit PDF information through Windows. Selecting the file, right button->Properties, but can't do anything on the 'PDF' tab, I had to choose Overwiew tab?, well I have Windows in Spanish, so the rightest tab is called 'Resumen'.

There I changed the title and the author. Then I open Calibre, import the book and the book in the library has the name that is in the PDF tab, but I can't change that information.

Anyway I change the metadata with Calibre through ISBN code, but again when I put the book in the reader, it has the name that was in the PDF tab of the file properties.

How can I change that information?
Old 03-19-2009, 03:53 AM   #9
eyp

I've found the solution using ByCePDFMetaEdit as is told in this post