Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 PM   #1
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Maybe USA Today?

this was posted on the Amazon Kindle discussions forum, under the 'requests' title. Don't know how much truth to it, so we'll just have to wait, but it is one of the most requested newspapers.........

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008 3:48 PM PST
Pamela says:
I contacted USA Today directly. It worked. I was advised that a K version was in the works and would be available shortly.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
this was posted on the Amazon Kindle discussions forum. Don't know how much truth to it, so we'll just have to wait, but it is one of the most requested newspapers.........

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 7, 2008 3:48 PM PST
Pamela says:
I contacted USA Today directly. It worked. I was advised that a K version was in the works and would be available shortly.
First... Amazon has been publicly stating, and did so again quite recently that there is no new version this year. Second, if that is bunk, which is possible and they did give some reporter an advance review unit or something they would be under an NDA and could tell someone.

Also, what does "shortly" mean?

Once again, just trying to keep it real.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
i got the impression she meant a kindle version of the newspaper, not a new version of the kindle. which is more plausible. but i could be wrong.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Guys, wait, I was talking about USA today coming to Kindle!! Not a new one!
Sorry for the misunderstanding............
Old 11-07-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry... my bad. The thread title didn't really register.

BOb
Advert
Old 11-07-2008, 07:46 PM   #6
RickyMaveety
Holy S**T!!!
RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.RickyMaveety lived happily ever after.

Device: Kindle and iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
First... Amazon has been publicly stating, and did so again quite recently that there is no new version this year. Second, if that is bunk, which is possible and they did give some reporter an advance review unit or something they would be under an NDA and could tell someone.

Also, what does "shortly" mean?

Once again, just trying to keep it real.

BOb
Quote:
Sorry... my bad. The thread title didn't really register.

BOb

Well, there's "real" and then there's maybe not so real.

Pay attention, Bob ... there will be a test.
RickyMaveety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 08:15 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyMaveety View Post
Well, there's "real" and then there's maybe not so real.

Pay attention, Bob ... there will be a test.
Busted.

Please comfort me

BOb
Old 11-07-2008, 08:26 PM   #8
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....

Quote:
Busted.

Please comfort me

BOb
Its okay......really it is!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 11:20 AM   #9
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 4, iPhone 4
USA TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HaggisMacJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #10
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

With so many news sites providing free RSS feeds I don't know why people would pay for a feed on the Kindle.

BOb
Old 11-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
With so many news sites providing free RSS feeds I don't know why people would pay for a feed on the Kindle.

BOb
I've wrestled with the question for a while. I've opted to pay for my subscriptions (daily Kindle and paper version of the Sunday edition). Newspapers are dying all across the country and thousands have been laid off (close to 1,000 just for the L.A. Times).

I fear that if people stop paying for content the web versions will become pay sites or have forced advertising pop-ups or just disappear altogether.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #12
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've wrestled with the question for a while. I've opted to pay for my subscriptions (daily Kindle and paper version of the Sunday edition). Newspapers are dying all across the country and thousands have been laid off (close to 1,000 just for the L.A. Times).

I fear that if people stop paying for content the web versions will become pay sites or have forced advertising pop-ups or just disappear altogether.
Newspapers have always been supported by ad revenue. That is how they make there money. The price you pay at the newstand or for delivery is for the distribution mechanism not to pay for the content/editing process.

Many newspaper as having problems because classified ads where a large part of their revenue. Many people have stopped using them and use web sites like ebay and craigs list for this type of stuff now.

Things change... these old media outlets are going to have to adjust or move over. I'm sure someone will fill the vacuum if there is one.

BOb
Old 12-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #13
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot
HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HaggisMacJedi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FINALLY! USA TODAY is on the Kindle!
Old 12-26-2008, 09:30 AM   #14
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaggisMacJedi View Post
FINALLY! USA TODAY is on the Kindle!
Hey Haggis! LTNS! What you been up to?
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 11:42 PM   #15
HaggisMacJedi
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
Hey Haggis! LTNS! What you been up to?
Well, I've been away from NutriSystem since the Spring. It just didn't do anything at all for me after the first 3 months. I'm now on Low Carb...again. It seems to be the only thing that REALLY works for me. Anyway, I'm mainly just doing what I've always done!