Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Gideon
Wearer of Pants
Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.Gideon knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Amazon Kindle DX / iPhone
NRSV Bible Finally Available on the Kindle - and it kinda sucks

Well, the NRSV translation (used by most academics, mainline protestants, catholics and some orthodox) is finally available on the Kindle and it looks like they really screwed it up.

How so? Well, separated New and Old Testament (really?) and from the reviews the navigation is terrible.

So... Harper kind of sucks and might be a wee bit evil given this way of selling it. I know people have been waiting for the NRSV on the Kindle, so have I, but I guess the copies I bought and converted from Books on Board are just as good - which is sad.

http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Apoc-...9808293&sr=8-1
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote