Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 06-01-2014, 09:29 AM   #1
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Google Play Books on iPad Air - too big/double line spacing?

The page output I am seeing on Google Play Books on an iPad air looks for some reason like it has been double spaced. I am only getting 10 lines per page. This is the first book I've tried there (I have a fair number on the Kindle reader and iBooks (Apple) reader, those both look fine). When I run it on my phone (Android), that looks fine. Running via browser, that looks fine. It only is with the Play Books reader on the iPad that I'm running into trouble. Book is "The Black Echo" by Michael Connelly. If I decrease the font size, it does get more lines per page. The Line Height is already set to the densest of the three available settings.

Anyone know how to get more lines per page, and not double-spaced?
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 03:48 PM   #2
pwjone1
Bookie
pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwjone1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Anyone know of where there is a Google Play Books forum that would be a better place potentially to ask this question?
pwjone1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-09-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
The format for Google Play Books is ePub so you might find more experts in our ePub forum.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote