Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #1
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Computer Tech Books for the Sony?

Anyone know of a good source for Computer Technology eBooks in the Sony format? Specifically looking for books on Visual Basic also on Access design.

All I've been able to find so far is a book on SQL (SQL Demystified) which I downloaded off the Sony site.

This would free me from hauling the hard-copy of these books back and forth from home to work.

Thanks
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 09:22 AM   #2
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
If the books are available in downloadable PDF format, you can use PDFLRF to convert to a usable LRF file. It'll be huge, but it's possible. Not ideal, mind you, but possible.
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2008, 10:17 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Text books like that need a more random access method then the current devices are capable of. Best to get them in paper form as you'll be wanting to flip through them.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:29 AM   #4
WillAdams
Wizard
WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WillAdams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite (300ppi), Samsung Galaxy Book 12
I've been meaning to look into re-formatting some (free) computer manuals to refer to them on my 505 --- will let you know how it works out.

William
WillAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #5
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Amazon lists almost 6,000 titles in their Computers and Internet section for the Kindle. It's unfortunate that I don't know of a way to buy something there for use on a Sony, at least, not without owning a Kindle and then doing a conversion, too. Mobipocket doesn't even list nearly as many titles as Amazon. I still fail to understand that since they're owned by Amazon. And why Sony hasn't pushed harder to catch up with Amazon on titles I really have no idea. Amazon says they now have almost 114,000 titles for sale while Sony hasn't reached 40,000 yet (and only 434 in their Technology section). Sorry I'm not helping, cassidym, just ranting.

Last edited by vivaldirules; 03-17-2008 at 10:47 AM.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-21-2008, 01:08 AM   #6
jerryleejr
Koby-rific!
jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.jerryleejr can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Sage,Kobo Aura One, Glo HD,PRS-T1,PRS-950, PRS 300, PRS 350
I am in the same boat. I have a massive library of computer books and would love to start getting digital versions of them however that would me switching to a kindle and with any tech/text book you dont have the ability to really flip back and forth. Even some colleges have went to PDF versions of their text books. I like the idea of being able to have all your resources on one device. Maybe this will up the ante for an update to allow searchable features on the Sony. I also thought I had read somewhere on here about Sony doing an update to allow for a more PDF friendly experience. We shall see.
jerryleejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryleejr View Post
I have a massive library of computer books and would love to start getting digital versions of them however that would me switching to a kindle and with any tech/text book you dont have the ability to really flip back and forth.
It seems that in "tech" eBooks are PDF's. So, I'm pretty much waiting for a 9-10inch eInk device to use for that kind of content.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote