Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-10-2011, 06:56 AM   #1
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD8
adding your downloaded books via calibre

hi,

haven't got my box yet, its a christmas present so another couple of weeks

been reading a lot on this forum and hopefully someone can answer a small query.

If I download any books i buy from kobo (adobe drm copy) and add these into calibre, i understand i can't open them in calibre which is not an issue

can I use calibre to send these books to my box and read them on there, or does the drm block this also

just for ease of use and cataloguing i was thinking of adding all my books into calibre, don't want to read in here just store them
paulsalter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:42 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
The Kobo app on the Vox will not read books with Adobe DRM, but Aldiko, and other reading apps will. If you have Aldiko on your device, Aldiko will be seen as a device by ADE, btw.

There is a Calibre driver being used for the Vox. It will transfer books from Calibre to your Vox. You will then import the book into whatever app you are using. You can also add your Calibre library books to the Vox by using the Calibre server.

Last edited by taming; 12-10-2011 at 07:44 AM.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2011, 07:48 AM   #3
paulsalter
Fanatic
paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paulsalter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

many thanks

will have a look at Aldiko, just hoping to put all my books into Calibre so i can have them all in one place
Old 12-10-2011, 07:59 AM   #4
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
I have all my books in Calibre as well. Some people have the Calibre library in dropbox, btw. That gives you another way to get the books from Calibre to your Vox.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 09:08 AM   #5
paulsalter
Fanatic

Thanks again

I have a Dropbox account so will look into this also
Advert