Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 AM   #1
M600
M600 began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E60
[Request] Samsung E60 support

Hey there,

The first thing to know, is that english is not my main language so i'm quite shitty, sorry about that.

I just replaced my old PRS-505 by a whole new Samsung E60. Everything was working fine with the PRS tho.

But i'd like to use calibre with my new ebook too (i use the last version [as now 0.7.40]). So i made the few step to get an update supporting the ebook reader but i don't know where to send it. I wonder if i post them here it will be good or if someone would be kind enough to send those to the right people.
I know calibre can actually send epub but it doesnt show up on the reader itself!

Anyway, too much talking. Thanks for your time and thanks for Calibre!

-----------------------------------------------------

What e-book formats does your device support?
PDF, ePub, Word, txt
Is there a special directory on the device in which all e-book files should be placed?
Internal memory and SD card use the same structure:

..\Books\

The files are directly dropped here and the reader will generate folder and random things for it after start reading.
Attached Files
File Type: txt connected.txt (2.5 KB, 389 views)
File Type: txt disconnected.txt (1.9 KB, 316 views)
M600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 07:47 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
According to that debug trace, your samsung was detected just fine. Calibre will send files to the Books folder. Calibre thinks it supports 'epub', 'pdf', 'txt'.

Exactly what isn't working for you?

Be sure that only one device is plugged in. Calibre will pick the first one it finds.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2011, 03:58 PM   #3
M600

The ebook reader is detected fine, with the internal and external memory separate, it does deposit file in the right folder. Yes, i've been able to use Calibre with it by selecting the default profil and changing the way calibre put file in that folder.

By default, it use a structure as: {author_sort}/{title} - {authors}

But the Samsung does not support folder in the ..\Books\ Files must be directly put in. Of course, i can do it manually and get calibre work just by tweaking that.

I just though that it might be better for Calibre to get a specific profil for the Samsung E60 for people who don't know how to deal with it.

Since in France it's actually 49€ for that reader... You got a huge chance to get load of users

Anyway, my point was just to help a bit Calibre

Last edited by M600; 01-15-2011 at 04:01 PM.
Old 01-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
the enxt release of calibre wont create subdirectories when sending to that device
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
M600

Awesome, thanks!
Advert
Old 01-16-2011, 04:07 AM   #6
Getget
Getget began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung E-60
Hello, i've just bought a E-60 too in France (coming from the same forum as M600), and my E-60 is just working fine with directories in /books (maybe the new 1020 firmware has something to do with this ?)
Getget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 10:12 AM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hmm, conflicting information, I hate that. @M60: Can you update your firmware and see if that fixes it?
Old 01-17-2011, 01:10 AM   #8
M600

I tryed with firmware 1001 1002 and even the italian firmware 1003 it's still doesnt let me get book if it's in a folder.
I even tryed the 1013 and 1020 korean firmware...
Hard reset, fresh restart, etc, etc...
I tryed everything. Even putting those files by hand.

But i heard many people saying it does work for them so i assume the problem is on mine, i got a screwed device.

Last edited by M600; 01-17-2011 at 02:03 AM.
Old 01-17-2011, 02:13 AM   #9
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by M600 View Post
But i heard many people saying it does work for them so i assume the problem is on mine, i got a screwed device.
If you really think it is your device, you might want to try disabling the Samsung Device interface plugin and using the Connect to Folder feature. This will let you connect to any folder on your Samsung and that folder will be treated as a device, complete with a On Device column.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Alternatively, change the save template in the device plugin to not use subdirectories.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 06:39 AM   #11
M600

Ill give it a try then certainly go change it to a new one today...

Plus the fact the wifi function is also fucked up.
Old 01-17-2011, 10:37 AM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'm leaving the driver as is