Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-01-2016, 05:07 PM   #586
tcuc
tcuc began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
And nightmode

Oh, and nightmode also works now.
tcuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 12:25 PM   #587
satelman
satelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheesesatelman can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Hi, I have tried build 13 on my Aura HD with latest firmware (3.19.5761) and there is no way to make nightmode work. Any suggestions? The light button does nothing, and the light slider doesn't make any different either. Perhaps a new build is needed? Please help.
satelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:10 AM   #588
needkobohelp
needkobohelp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Unsure how to use on Kobo Aura H20

Hi there,

I recently purchased a Kobo Aura H20 (running version 3.19) and am trying to get this night mode hack to work on it. I have unzipped the installer and added it in my .kobo folder. It restarted. The device looks normal but I don't see any way to turn the night mode on. Holding on the home button or brightness button don't do anything.

I can go in and edit the configuration to do night mode on start up and that does work. However I would like the option to switch between without having to plug into my computer and edit the coding.

Thanks for the help!
needkobohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 11:10 AM   #589
Thor
Thor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by needkobohelp View Post
Hi there,

I recently purchased a Kobo Aura H20 (running version 3.19) and am trying to get this night mode hack to work on it. I have unzipped the installer and added it in my .kobo folder. It restarted. The device looks normal but I don't see any way to turn the night mode on. Holding on the home button or brightness button don't do anything.

I can go in and edit the configuration to do night mode on start up and that does work. However I would like the option to switch between without having to plug into my computer and edit the coding.

Thanks for the help!
Have you seen this thread? Nightmode and reset without button
Works with a click on a picture on the main menu.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 03:07 PM   #590
needkobohelp
needkobohelp began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I have not! I gave it a go and it seems to be working.
I have some questions about it but I'll post them on the other thread.
Thank you!!
needkobohelp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 06:57 AM   #591
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Sony PRS-650, Sony PRS-T1, nook STR, iPad 4, iPhone 5
Sorry, but I think this night mode hack is broken. As we now know, night mode is to reduce the blue light of the front light and unless this hack can do that, it's not night mode.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 07:28 AM   #592
frostschutz
Linux User
frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.frostschutz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iriver StoryHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
I think this night mode hack is broken.
All it does is invert the black/white... as long as it does that, it works.

Not sure where the blue light idea comes from.

Is it gluten-free?
frostschutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 08:51 AM   #593
Thor
Thor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enoughThor will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
@needkobohelp: You are welcome!

@JSWolf: The "reduce the blue light thing" for night modes does only match for color displays like normal cellphones or tablets. Referring to ebook-readers with monochrome epaper it is like as @frostschutz has written only an inverting of black/white.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2016, 09:49 AM   #594
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: Touch, Glo, Aura H2O, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
@needkobohelp: You are welcome!

@JSWolf: The "reduce the blue light thing" for night modes does only match for color displays like normal cellphones or tablets. Referring to ebook-readers with monochrome epaper it is like as @frostschutz has written only an inverting of black/white.
I think JSWolf was referring to the night mode lighting that is part of the new Aura One. I'm hoping he was trying to make a joke.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
glo, hack, mini, night mode, touch