Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-05-2016, 09:34 AM   #1
shoelesshunter
copyleft librarian
shoelesshunter began at the beginning.

Device: KV
Voyage Kindle Collections

is there no way to assign books to a collection and have them appear on the device organized so? I could do with with my kobo. would someone be so patient as to help me through this? I am on firmware 5.7.2.1

it seems I can crate categories, but I can't send books to them. I have 400+ books to sort.
shoelesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2016, 10:05 AM   #2
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [bricked], Kindle PW1
Not without jailbreaking your Voyage first. Then you can use combo of "Kindle Collections" Calibre plugin and "LibrarianSync" KUAL extension on your Kindle for adding bunch of books in one go.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2016, 04:35 AM   #3
oblox
Zealot
oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oblox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (7th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoelesshunter View Post
is there no way to assign books to a collection and have them appear on the device organized so? I could do with with my kobo. would someone be so patient as to help me through this? I am on firmware 5.7.2.1

it seems I can crate categories, but I can't send books to them. I have 400+ books to sort.
If you want to use native collections on a non jailbroken kindle then you're only hope aside from manually doing it every time is to use send-to-kindle and organise these in collections on amazons cloud then you can pick and choose what to download from browsing your cloud collections. Collections can be downloaded but the books need to be done separately too (annoyingly)

Otherwise you can use calibre plugboards to prefix series info to a file as its sent to your kindle which works nearly as well for general organisation.
oblox is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collections, voyage