Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 09-11-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Vkeris
Vkeris began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 4S
Stanza on iPhone formatting issue

I have several books on Stanza on my iPhone 4S and the app is fabulous as an ebook reader.

I opened the app this morning and the formatting has changed from last night. The font size is still the same but the spacing changed from single spacing to double spacing?

How do I change it back? I can't find any spacing setting?
Vkeris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
artbatista
Groupie
artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.artbatista ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 4, iPad 2
I doubt anyone can help. Stanza is a dead app.

Why don't you try Marvin?

It's free and it has many formatting options.

Art
artbatista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
Faterson
pokrývač škridiel
Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Faterson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 3*iPad, SamsungNote & Tabs, 2*OnyxBoox, Huawei 8″, PocketBook
Thumbs up

Indeed, Vkeris, Stanza is dead. Any day now, you'll be able to switch to Marvin, which is anything but dead, see this MobileRead section. Stanza served as the original inspiration for Marvin, so you will find virtually all Stanza features in Marvin, and much, much more. I'm saying that as a big-time Stanza fan who used it for years, until Amazon killed Stanza by purchasing it and halting its development over 2 years ago or so.

PS: We may be just hours away from Marvin's initial release on the iPhone. (It's been there for the iPad since last December.)
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #4
At_Libitum
Addict
At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.At_Libitum ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KyBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vkeris View Post
I have several books on Stanza on my iPhone 4S and the app is fabulous as an ebook reader.

I opened the app this morning and the formatting has changed from last night. The font size is still the same but the spacing changed from single spacing to double spacing?

How do I change it back? I can't find any spacing setting?
Hi Vkeris,

you probably already found it, but just in case, there's a line-spacing setting on the layout page in settings.

Last edited by At_Libitum; 09-18-2013 at 08:44 AM.
At_Libitum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 05:23 PM   #5
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by artbatista View Post
I doubt anyone can help. Stanza is a dead app.

Why don't you try Marvin?

It's free and it has many formatting options.
Marvin for iPhone is not free. That said, it's well worth the $5 asking price, imho.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Vkeris you'll need to update to iOS7 to get some of those formatting options back.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
double spacing, single spacing, spacing, stanza