Notices

Old 01-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
SASSBS
Connoisseur
SASSBS doesn't litterSASSBS doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Keyboard; Kindle Fire
Calibre Companion and Kindle Fire HD

Hi

I got a Kindle Fire HD recently, and really want to use Calibre Companion on my system is there any way to get it to work? I notice the app is not available from the app store is there a workaround so I can purchase it from Google? I don't have any other Android devices to use.

Thanks
SASSBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:11 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by SASSBS View Post
Hi

I got a Kindle Fire HD recently, and really want to use Calibre Companion on my system is there any way to get it to work? I notice the app is not available from the app store is there a workaround so I can purchase it from Google? I don't have any other Android devices to use.

Thanks
We haven't been able to make CC available on the kindle section of the Amazon app store. Our suspicion is that Amazon feels that CC (and reader apps) would make a large hole in their garden wall. They also could be concerned about the support issues that would arise because of the difficulty of integrating with the built-in kindle app. Given that Amazon apparently makes almost no money on kindle hardware but instead makes money by selling content, I can understand their reasoning.

If you are brave and sufficiently technical then you could root your HD and install google play. However, given that an oops can lead to a bricked HD, this is something to be approached with a great deal of caution. It certainly isn't something that I would take on lightly. This thread at xda-developers discusses the process.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert