Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-02-2010, 12:10 AM   #1
steffi
Enthusiast
steffi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
What do you use for a reading stand?

I'm in Thailand with my DX and I was looking for something like this ..

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-FlexSta.../dp/B002PNP9QU

Naturally it's a tall order to find this in Thailand. It's even hard to find something more generic.

Anybody have good experience with this product?
steffi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 09:17 PM   #2
angelad
Groupie
angelad is on a distinguished road

Device: kindle dx
I actually have an old plastic book stand(ancient, from my mother's house), and once in a while when I need to use it I just put my DX on it and it works fine.
angelad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 09:07 AM   #3
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
I didn't buy it here but this is what I use.

http://www.bookchair.com/mall/depart...520Bookholders
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:08 PM   #4
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by steffi View Post
I'm in Thailand with my DX and I was looking for something like this ..

http://www.amazon.com/M-Edge-FlexSta.../dp/B002PNP9QU

Naturally it's a tall order to find this in Thailand. It's even hard to find something more generic.

Anybody have good experience with this product?
Steffi,

I have this stand for my DX and love it. It works extremely well, is light-weight, and can be adjusted to your liking. I am very pleased - it is just what I was looking for.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 08:11 PM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
No......but have you thought of something simple like this? I use mine while I"m eating breakfast......just a wooden or metal plate holder
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	wood_plate_stand.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	134.2 KB
ID:	45095  
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-05-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
No......but have you thought of something simple like this? I use mine while I"m eating breakfast......just a wooden or metal plate holder
That may suffice for the K1 or K2, but it is not something I would use on the DX - far too unstable. The DX FlexStand is specifically designed for the DX and is very secure, with rubberized ends that grip the corners of the DX and will not move on a hard surface. Also, one can use it both vertically and horizontally.

Actually, I would recommend the FlexStand for the K2 as well.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:42 PM   #7
Just Me
Just Me began at the beginning.

Device: kindle2
I use an izel, it's light and unfolds flat to fit in my case pocket.
Just Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:18 PM   #8
carlobee
Fanatic
carlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-bookscarlobee has learned how to read e-books

Device: The new iPad
I still am planning to buy one! THanks for this recommendations!

carlobee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 09:23 PM   #9
steffi
Enthusiast
steffi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX
Until now had never heard of that. How does it work with the DX then?

Clearly it's something that would also work with iPad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Me View Post
I use an izel, it's light and unfolds flat to fit in my case pocket.
steffi is offline   Reply With Quote