Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 05-28-2006, 06:11 PM   #1
leewoc
leewoc began at the beginning.

Device: XDA exec
Frustration: Not just Iliad

I couldn't find quite the right place to post this so please bear with me.

Are there any e-ink readers on the market yet or are we stuck with the waiting game from iRex and Sony?

iRex says May, but that month is running out very quickly.
Sony say spring, well I reckon June is stretching 'spring' beyond its elastic limit.

Added to the frustration is the fact that the Sony device may only be launched in the USA first and it could take me even longer to get one!

As you can probably see from my sig, patience is not one of my best developed traits
leewoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2006, 06:45 PM   #2
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Sony WILL only be launched in the US as far as I know...and they corrected their release date to summer some time ago. There is still some mention of Spring around...on the sonystyle page for instance.

The only device available at the moment (apart from the librie) is the Hanlin V8 which is only available in China (and now in russia apparently).
The "Western" version should be coming here in June, but we have no wy of knowing whether they'll make it on time or not. The last I heard from them was that they were on schedule...but we all know how much that means coming from a company these days...
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2006, 02:36 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
The Sony received plenty of coverage in Europe, so I'm pretty sure it will be released over here as well. Probably a bit later than in the US, though.
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:32 AM   #4
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
The Sony received plenty of coverage in Europe, so I'm pretty sure it will be released over here as well. Probably a bit later than in the US, though.
Actually I remember reading somewhere that Sony has currently "no plans" to offer the Sony Reader on the European market.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 09:45 AM   #5
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic
Actually I remember reading somewhere that Sony has currently "no plans" to offer the Sony Reader on the European market.
That sucks!
Laurens is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-29-2006, 10:00 AM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Here it is, but it's in German:

Quote:
Während Sony in den USA erstmals in den elektronischen Buchmarkt drängt, muss Europa auf ein ähnliches Sony-Gerät wohl weiter warten. "Derzeit gibt es keine Pläne, den Sony Reader in irgendeinem europäischen Land einzuführen", meinte Jean-Baptiste Duprieu von Sony Europe auf Anfrage von pressetext. Über etwaige Gründe für die Entscheidung wollte Duprieu nicht spekulieren.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote