Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Kindle Formats

Notices

Old 07-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #1
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
mobipocket/ereader DRM

I was wanting to buy a Dean Koontz book from fictionwise however, it only seemto be available in mobipocket or ereader, neither of which are support by the sony 505

Before spending $27 I was hoping that I could remove the DRM so I can easily convert it.

Could somebody please PM the easiest way of doing this as I have never had either format before. Is there a GUI to make this easier (I have seen some python scripts but have no idea what to do with them!)

Many thanks.
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 11:08 AM   #2
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
The python scripts are the way to do it (in both cases).

Search for mobidedrm or ereader2html. You will need Python installed...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Thanks.

It seems that the book isn't available in the UK anyway (even if I change my country of residence - I guess they are using IP to identify geographic location now!)

Looks like I may need to stump up the over inflated prices from Waterstones instead
Old 07-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #4
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
It's very easy to buy "restricted books" from FictionWise. You must pay by using micropay. Just change you country and you're done
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
PieOPah
Addict

I wanted to use paypal for the 100% rebate. In the end I bought other things - I have plenty of new books to read until the price comes down anyway
Advert