Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Workshop

Notices

Old 08-26-2011, 08:22 PM   #1
sovre
Zealot
sovre began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini; iPhone; Kindle Paperwhite (10th gen)
scanning book after spine is cut off

I am going to be trying this for the first time.

I have cut the spine off the book and am going to be feeding the pages through the ADF of my scanner, and using ABBYY Finereader for OCR.

My question for more experienced scanners is: my scanner is one sided. since I can only scan one side of each page at a time, and will end up with all the odd pages in sequence first, and all of the even pages afterward, is there any quick and convenient method for re-ordering the pages, after I have finished? Does ABBYY have an option for doing this which I don't know about?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by sovre; 08-26-2011 at 08:44 PM.
sovre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:30 AM   #2
DSpider
Evangelist
DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DSpider ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2 2014
I would save them to different folders and use "Bulk Rename Utility".

You simply right click the Left folder, "Bulk rename here" and:

Do the same with the Right folder, but this time you start with 1 instead of 2 but keep the increment set to "2" (so you'll rename them 1, 3, 5, 7, etc.).

PS: Don't let the complexity of the application scare you. You'll only need one or two features anyway.
DSpider is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-27-2011, 08:30 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
I would use PDF Tookit (pdftk) for that. Great command line tool.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote