Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-12-2010, 08:40 AM   #16
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
I think what they are trying to do with the KOBO is fantastic, and we are just at the beginning, so there is going to be a little growing pains. If the gang at KOBO stays on top of things, fixes things fairly quickly, and stays true to their vision, it just may be the start of something pretty special, but until then I guess we just got to deal with it.

in the meantime, it still accomplishes the core of what I wanted: an eInk screen at a reasonable price that supports* ePubs.
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:18 AM   #17
arkessian
arkessian began at the beginning.

Device: none
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orochi View Post
I think what they are trying to do with the KOBO is fantastic, and we are just at the beginning, so there is going to be a little growing pains.
Yes - having looked into it a little (because this thread made me aware) it does sound like it could be good. If only I could find a source in the UK...
arkessian is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-12-2010, 10:02 AM   #18
Orochi
Connoisseur
Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Orochi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo, Ipod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by arkessian View Post
Yes - having looked into it a little (because this thread made me aware) it does sound like it could be good. If only I could find a source in the UK...
I am almost positive that the KOBO will be coming to the UK very soon. I thought I saw a launch date somewhere, but I can't find it again. I know Australia and New Zealand are supposed to get it by the end of this month.
Orochi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 10:51 PM   #19
Cmoudy
Cmoudy began at the beginning.

Device: Palm TX
Can you read your Kobo books on your Palm TX?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Any chance the battery might be dead?
Hello Peter, can you read your Kobo books on your Palm TX? I am a long time fun of Palm TX. I am using it every day for last five years. I like to read e-books on my Palm. Usually I had purchased them on Palm e-book web side.

Recently I bought an e-book from Kobo and I want to transfer it to my Palm TX. Is it possible to do that?

Thank, CMOUDY
Cmoudy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 11:08 PM   #20
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
All I can think of is using Calibre to convert from ePub format to Mobipocket format.

Of course, that assumes you have the ePub format from Kobo, and are willing to do some searching for tools to stip the DRM from the ePub file.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert