Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #1
richman
Addict
richman is on a distinguished road

Device: sony prs-505 *BLUE*,itouch,netbook
inverse colors , I couldn't find option in calibre

I was wondering if calibre has a way to reverse colors on the screen on 505. So instead of white background with black letters, it would be black background with white letters.

I would love to see a setting in calibre that reverses the color scheme.
richman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:20 PM   #2
slantybard
my parent's oops...
slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slantybard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Vx->Handera->Clie-> Axim->505->650->KPW/Aura ->iOS/L2
I think would be really cool as well.
slantybard is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 02:26 PM   #3
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
I would expect a feature like this to be at the reader end rather than in Calibre.

As an example the Stanza eReader for iPhone/iTouch can invert the colors without Calibre having to do anything special.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You should be able to do it by putting

Code:
body { background-color: black; color: white; }
in extra css provided the source document doesn't specify its own colors.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #5
lcbannon
Enthusiast
lcbannon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Where would I put this code???
lcbannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-30-2009, 03:38 PM   #6
richman
Addict

thanks , love your calibre program!

maybe you could include option in the convert settings on same page with base font sizes about inverse colors or say something like " black background and white letters" . I too am not sure I would know where to find the settings css provided with the program.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:13 PM   #7
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Just put it in the extra css box in the look and feel section
Old 07-30-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
lcbannon
Enthusiast

Thank you, Kovidgoyal- Love your program btw...
Old 07-30-2009, 06:26 PM   #9
richman
Addict

I copied and pasted it in css and I didn't get it to work. Did I do something wrong? Using LRF format
I just highlighted it in red to show you exactly what I added.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:16 PM   #10
lcbannon
Enthusiast

I did it and 1st book I converted it did not work- I am sure I did something wrong, it was already in my 505,
but 2nd book I tried worked like a charm.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #11
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

@richman Use epub, more likely to work with that
Old 11-20-2015, 07:17 AM   #12
Enor
Enthusiast
Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Enor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
I know this is a very, very old thread, but I am wondering if someone might be able to help this work with a Paperwhite 3. I've converted the book and sideloaded it, but the background is white and so is the text.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Enor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 02:04 AM   #13
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
Does anyone know how to make the margins the right color? I tried modifying the css to select the entire html but the added margins in the pdf remain white.

Code:
html, body, div, margin { background-color: black; color: white; }
is the CSS I used.

I unchecked all the filter style information because I already stripped all the color CSS from the epub.

Last edited by arpeggioaccele; 10-29-2023 at 02:11 AM. Reason: added css
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 07:19 AM   #14
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Margins should be background colour.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2023, 12:38 PM   #15
arpeggioaccele
light mode user
arpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverarpeggioaccele exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: I use the Calibre ebook-viewer on macos and Apple Books on ios.
https://imgur.com/a/S1xyXJi

This is the CSS I used and the resulting PDF.

The image shows that with the default settings and the CSS

The PDF contains large margins of the wrong color. I checked EPUB file to make sure it did not specify its own colors.
I removed any lines containing "border: currentColor","color:", and "background-color:" from the stylesheet.

Last edited by arpeggioaccele; 11-04-2023 at 12:47 PM.
arpeggioaccele is offline   Reply With Quote