Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-31-2008, 10:38 AM   #1
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Favourite Podcasts

Following some of the other threads, namely the ones on Audiobooks got me to look at what I was listening on my Mp3 Player.

What I realised that while I had some great Audiobooks, I was not getting around to listening to them as much, as I had a lot of Pending Podcasts that I want to listen to first.

And with that in mind, I thought that I should list what I have downloading in Miro, and ask around for what evryone else is listening to.

After all, with so much great content around, It's easy to miss something..

So Without further Adieu,

Audio -

From the www.twit.tv network
This Week in Tech
This week in Media
Windows Weekly
Munchcast (Tasty!)
Daily GizWiz

From The BBC
In Our Time With Melvyn Bragg
Digital Planet
Instant Guide
Documentaries

East Meets West

Video -

Talks
TED Talks (www.ted.com)
Google Talks engEDU

Rev3
Diggnation
Tekzilla
Systm
popsiren
iFanboy
The Totally Rad Show

G4
Attack of the Show
X-Play Daily Video Podcast

The 1Up Show

Labrats

Neo Fight .TV

DL.TV

Cranky Geeks

CNET Video Podcasts

Geek Brief

Webbalert

FreshDV

Vintage Tooncasts

Sheesh! Looking at the list make me wonder how the hell I manage to follow most of them. Oh, well it does explain my lack of interest in watching TV .
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
The Play's the Thing
Car Talk
Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me
Selected Shorts
This American Life
Tekzilla
TWIT
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-31-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Azayzel
Cache Ninja!
Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Azayzel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500, HTC Shift, iPod Touch, iPaq 4150, TC1100, Panasonic WordsGear
Smokes, you got some time to kill with that many pod-casts! My list is relatively short and usually worked through on my shorter commute to work. It's a bit varied, but still pretty simple:

The Lost Podcast
Maximum PC
Security Now!
The Paranormal Cafe
English Teaching in Japan

Some of yours sound pretty interesting, so I may add them and give 'em a whirl. Cool!
Azayzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2008, 03:09 PM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azayzel View Post
Smokes, you got some time to kill with that many pod-casts!
Well, It does help that I don't have a TV at my place.

So that Tends to limit other entertainment options.

Also helps that I can archive some of the really good ones such as TED, etc for when I'm in the mood and watch a dozen at a time.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:42 PM   #5
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Cranky Geeks
TWIT
Tech5
Leo The Tech Guy
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-22-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
wovenstrap
wovenstrap began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Most people don't think of it as a podcast but my most regular jogging download are the bloggingheads.tv dialogues. They're meant to be watched, but they supply the dialogues in mp3 format as well. They post about 1-2 a day, and most are about politics but some are about science as well. The level of discourse is uneven, but closer to think tank than CNN, while partaking of both styles.
wovenstrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 PM   #7
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
I like Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me. It's so hysterical.

I also like More Hip Than Hippie. I'm a little prejudiced because I was one of their guests last summer, but all their shows are good and they do a good fun job. http://www.podcastalley.com/podcast_...hp?pod_id=4787
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 10:13 AM   #8
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

As the Thread Seems to be active again, thought I'll Update with the new podcasts I've added in iTunes (Having a iPhone finally forced me to switch from Miro)

Best Ad's On TV

CNET Live

Channel Flip TV
- Channel Flip Tech
- Channel Flip Film
- Channel Flip Games

CO-OP - New Podcasts from the Guys who Used to make the 1Up Show, but got fired when 1UP was sold off by ZD.

Mosaic - World News From the Middle East

New Media Minute

Stephen Fry's Podgrams

The Teaching Company Podcasts - (Sample Lectures from the Teaching Company)