Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 02-08-2013, 02:32 PM   #1
Mikey1969
Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mikey1969 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Calibre Portable cross-platform setup?

Hi all,
Just checking to see how Calibre Portable and the OSX version of Calibre work. I'm assuming the Portable version works like a standard portable app, but my biggest question is the OSX version. I know some apps can be portable for OSX by virtue of the fact that the app is naturally portable. In other words, you can drop the app anywhere, click on it, and it opens . Some OSX apps require other files, and must be installed on the physical computer I know.

Anyway, what I'm wondering is if anyone has tried to make a cross-platform Calibre setup, by having the OSX install AND the portable setup on the same flash drive, and choose what to run based on the computer it's on?

Also, is the library format cross compatible, so that they could access the same database?

If nobody has tried this, I may do it iver the weekend myself.
Mikey1969 is offline   Reply With Quote