Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 12-19-2010, 03:55 AM   #31
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Device: iRex DR1000S
I am looking into both refresh problems of opening documents and searching them. Combining both is giving me problems now, so I am thinking of committing the change for opening documents first.
Mackx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:12 PM   #32
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
Hello Iņigo,
I hate to bother you with such a small issue, but you apparently commented reboot commands in fbinstall.sh script. You've probably done it for a purpose, but in your post in readme.dr you mentioned that device will be rebooted automatically.

Thnx,

PS. Russian hyphenation has gone. Could you please replace ru.pattern with the one from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=100 ? It works.

Last edited by Loo; 12-22-2010 at 12:59 PM.
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-22-2010, 03:43 PM   #33
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loo View Post
Hello Iņigo,
I hate to bother you with such a small issue, but you apparently commented reboot commands in fbinstall.sh script. You've probably done it for a purpose, but in your post in readme.dr you mentioned that device will be rebooted automatically.
Sorry, my fault.
I commented out those lines during my testing and forgot restoring them.
I've opened an issue in the bug tracker to remember it before next release.

Quote:
PS. Russian hyphenation has gone. Could you please replace ru.pattern with the one from here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...&postcount=100 ? It works.
Can't explain this.
v2b package includes FBReader's original 0.12.10 hyphenationPatterns.zip file (size: 393694 bytes). With DR 0.10.7-v5 we included FBReader's original 0.12.7 file (size: 396269 bytes), and this used to work...

Could you copy the old one and check if it works please?
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 04:57 PM   #34
Loo
Loo began at the beginning.

Device: IREX DR 800
Quote:
Can't explain this.
v2b package includes FBReader's original 0.12.10 hyphenationPatterns.zip file (size: 393694 bytes). With DR 0.10.7-v5 we included FBReader's original 0.12.7 file (size: 396269 bytes), and this used to work...
I think KOI-8 russian encoding used in original packages just doesn't work properly on iRex. HyphenationPatterns.zip is just an archive with hyphenation rules for many languages, they added several more in latest version. File ru.pattern in the archive is exactly the same. Just in case, I've decoded it again into UTF-8. Please find corrected hyphenationPatterns.zip from v.0.12.10 attached, it works.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: zip hyphenationPatterns.zip (386.8 KB, 378 views)
Loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 06:37 PM   #35
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Quote:
I think KOI-8 russian encoding used in original packages just doesn't work properly on iRex. HyphenationPatterns.zip is just an archive with hyphenation rules for many languages, they added several more in latest version. File ru.pattern in the archive is exactly the same. Just in case, I've decoded it again into UTF-8. Please find corrected hyphenationPatterns.zip from v.0.12.10 attached, it works.

Thanks
Thanks Loo, I've opened a new issue in the bug tracker.
Will be fixed in next release.

Iņigo
Advert
Old 12-23-2010, 03:36 PM   #36
mylo
mylo began at the beginning.

Device: Irex dr800s
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
6. go to SD_card/Programs/Install folder and run FBReaderAddExt to associate extensions with this program. It will reboot the device in order to recognize the new extensions
Hi,
Thank you for the wonderful applications you've been developing. This really adds great value to DR800.

I had a problem installing FBReader, though. I followed the instructions but at the last step, to associate extensions with FBReader, it keeps showing the following error: "the FBReaderAddExt.desktop application cannot be opened. Possibly the application is already open. Close it first and try again".
I tried also the RemoveExt and the error message is the same. The reader, however, works perfectly fine...
Any ideas? I'd really like to solve this since it would be much easier to open books with the reader, instead of using the "add to library" icon.

Thank you!
mylo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:55 PM   #37
jjgonche
jjgonche began at the beginning.

Hello,

Maybe I'm asking a stupid question but this port is supposed to work only on firmware 2.0 only or there is any chance to work on firmware version 1.7.1

In that case, what should I do to run FBReader on v1.7.1? Following instructions in the first post didn't work for me .

Thank you very much,
jjgonche.
jjgonche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 08:40 AM   #38
Mackx
Guru
Mackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to beholdMackx is a splendid one to behold

Hi jjgonche,

This port only works on the R2.0 firmware, see this page for some information on ported software (although it is not complete). It also links to a FBReader version for R1.7.1.

I have a questions: Is there a specific reason that you want to stay on the old R1.7.1 firmware?
Old 01-04-2011, 03:00 AM   #39
jjgonche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackx View Post
Hi jjgonche,

This port only works on the R2.0 firmware, see this page for some information on ported software (although it is not complete). It also links to a FBReader version for R1.7.1.

I have a questions: Is there a specific reason that you want to stay on the old R1.7.1 firmware?
Hi Mackx,

Thanks for the answer.

I have already installed version 10.2 ported by Adam B, and works fine. I only wanted to update to a new version.
Old 01-04-2011, 04:28 AM   #40
Mackx
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgonche View Post
I have already installed version 10.2 ported by Adam B, and works fine. I only wanted to update to a new version.
I do not think that anyone is porting for the old firmware anymore, so do not expect a new version of FBReader for the R1.7.1 firmware.
Old 01-04-2011, 07:02 AM   #41
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Hi Mackx,

Thanks for the answer.

Excuse me for the answer... but waht to stay in that old firmware version?
I can't see any reason... 2.0RC3 is better and allows you to use many good ports...

Iņigo
Old 01-04-2011, 11:21 AM   #42
jjgonche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Excuse me for the answer... but waht to stay in that old firmware version?
I can't see any reason... 2.0RC3 is better and allows you to use many good ports...

Iņigo
Hi Íņigo,

Call me coward, but I had very bad experiences with several firmwares from iRex (I almost sent the device to be fixed, a battery replacement).

I consider to update firmware several times but the device does all that I want and I prefer to stay with the last """"stable"""" firmware.

At the end, I will update firmware, and your FBReader port could be the guilty .

Last edited by jjgonche; 01-04-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Old 01-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #43
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Hi Íņigo,

Call me coward, but I had very bad experiences with several firmwares from iRex (I almost sent the device to be fixed, a battery replacement).

I consider to update firmware several times but the device does all that I want and I prefer to stay with the last """"stable"""" firmware.

At the end, I will update firmware, and your FBReader port could be the guilty .
Don't feel guilty, and fall into the sin, come! ;-)

Seriously, I'm not owner of a DR1000, DR800 here instead, but newer firmware is much better. I supose DR1000 people could tell you the same.

Iņigo
Old 01-04-2011, 02:11 PM   #44
fekhner
Addict
fekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animalsfekhner is kind to children and small, furry animals

Device: DRs, EE, ipad/iphone, Helix
I agree, the new firmware for the DR1000 is very nice and stable. Even the recent experimental patch by Mackx, once installed, runs without any trouble and makes the device so much more enjoyable.
fekhner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 03:36 PM   #45
mylo
mylo began at the beginning.

Device: Irex dr800s
Quote:
Originally Posted by mylo View Post
Hi,
Thank you for the wonderful applications you've been developing. This really adds great value to DR800.

I had a problem installing FBReader, though. I followed the instructions but at the last step, to associate extensions with FBReader, it keeps showing the following error: "the FBReaderAddExt.desktop application cannot be opened. Possibly the application is already open. Close it first and try again".
I tried also the RemoveExt and the error message is the same. The reader, however, works perfectly fine...
Any ideas? I'd really like to solve this since it would be much easier to open books with the reader, instead of using the "add to library" icon.

Thank you!
Hi everyone!
I'm sorry I'm bothering you again with this issue, but I'd really llike to be able to open books on fbreader just by clicking on them, instead of going to the "add to library" process. Can you help me?
Thanks, and Happy New Year!
mylo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fbreader