Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-01-2013, 02:45 PM   #16
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ...lots! ;) mostly reading on a Kindle Voyage
If you take that link and click on last 30 days in the top left hand corner you reduce the number tremendously (it's still over 4,000 free romance titles in the last month!). click

Clearly eReaderIQ and kinlib had the process automated.

Here's the advanced search page.

Last edited by copyrite; 03-01-2013 at 02:50 PM.
copyrite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:51 PM   #17
MMHaven
MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.MMHaven is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kindle Touch
http://www.freereadfeed.com/ still works, although it only lists kindle books. It also seems to be mostly self-published stuff. They do list the traditionally published stuff when it appears; I've found a few goodies.

I don't remember to check every day, and the site sets a cookie that only shows your last search filter. A bit annoying when I want to look at multiple genres. Still, it's free and there's a lot of information that updates hourly. You can also set it to just show the last 24 hours, and sort by number of reviews or stars.
MMHaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:56 PM   #18
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMHaven View Post
http://www.freereadfeed.com/ still works, although it only lists kindle books. It also seems to be mostly self-published stuff. They do list the traditionally published stuff when it appears; I've found a few goodies.

I don't remember to check every day, and the site sets a cookie that only shows your last search filter. A bit annoying when I want to look at multiple genres. Still, it's free and there's a lot of information that updates hourly. You can also set it to just show the last 24 hours, and sort by number of reviews or stars.
This is exactly what I was looking for! I love KDP books alot of them are by authors bringing back their backlist. Karma to you!

Last edited by Blossom; 03-01-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:01 PM   #19
copyrite
Wizard
copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.copyrite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

OK BLossom we're counting on you,
Old 03-01-2013, 03:02 PM   #20
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:

Thanks. Since that site is owned by the eReaderIQ folks I guess I didn't even think to check it.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #21
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:

Perfect. Karma to you!
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #22
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnemicOak View Post
Thanks. Since that site is owned by the eReaderIQ folks I guess I didn't even think to check it.
I don't get it if this by the same people and it looks that way. Why not just direct people to the free site instead of making an apology page with a few freebies.

It makes no sense. It seems the free site has no affiliate tags. I am happy with them doing it this way. They should ask for donations if need be. I'd be happy to donate because it saves me alot of time.

Oh for those worried about too many free books keeping them from getting paid. I have a very simple solution. Almost all of us have more than one browser. Just use one browser for free books and one for Paid books. Problem solved.

I also think this a good time to ask how everyone feels about repeat freebies? Do you want them posted? I come across these alot but haven't posted them because I know most of us have them.
I like to hear opinions on this.

Now I'm off to Facebook to check for goodies from it.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #23
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I also think this a good time to ask how everyone feels about repeat freebies? Do you want them posted? I come across these alot but haven't posted them because I know most of us have them.
I like to hear opinions on this.

Now I'm off to Facebook to check for goodies from it.
I'm okay with repeats, because sometimes I miss them the first time, and we get new people coming by here that weren't around the first time.

As for book deal sites -

I still use http://bargainebookhunter.com/ when I use any site at all. It is an affiliate site, but I like them better than others for some reason. They have a Facebook page for easy access to updates. I would say they are "partially curated".

Update on DANL - I did not receive a credit today, so apparently the membership expiration date on my account is an error.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #24
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Free @ Amazon

I'll Take Forever
by Barbara McMahon
(Harlequin Romance)
Former Title: Winter Stranger, Summer Lover

Must-Have Husband by Ginny Baird
(Summer Grooms Series)

Holy cats! Amazon is having some freaky problem. Any search returns a 400 error!

Last edited by Blossom; 03-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #25
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
I don't get it if this by the same people and it looks that way. Why not just direct people to the free site instead of making an apology page with a few freebies. :chinscratc.
Complete guess on my part (& they're definitely from the same folks), but I'd guess they're trying to minimize scenarios like...

Customer goes to eReaderIQ and sees a deal, clicks link, buys said book then before leaving sees link to FreeReadFeed, clicks link goes on a freebie shopping spree and all of those get credited to eReaderIQ due to the 24 hour affiliate cookie

...after going to the trouble of making things separate it would kinda defeat the purpose.

I think the possible lightening of freebies that hit my radar screen might be a good thing for me personally. I've gotten in the habit of grabbing anything remotely interesting "just in case" and it's really made my Kindle library ridiculously large and in need of thinning.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 03:35 PM   #26
copyrite
Wizard

I don't mind repeat freebies. Never know when you might miss something.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:46 PM   #27
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Tell me someone else is having Amazon search problems. I am getting a 400 error are you guys? Did I break it?

Edit:
I see I am not the only one. I found a thread at the Official Amazon forum. *phew* It's been quite a week. First I broke my pinky toe then I got the Sydney Stomach Flu and now my favorite freebie places have decided to stop posting.

Last edited by Blossom; 03-01-2013 at 03:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:49 PM   #28
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Quote:
Tell me someone else is having Amazon search problems. I am getting a 400 error are you guys? Did I break it?
Yup. Same here.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:16 PM   #29
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Yup. Same here.
It working again! *phew*
Old 03-01-2013, 04:17 PM   #30
NixLapi
Addict
NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NixLapi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Lurker here (and thank you ladies for all the freebie links you provide!) but here are my other sources for freebies...

http://ereaderlove.com/ and Digital Book Today (both also send daily emails)

Mixed genre, and apologies if they are full of affiliate links, I'm a Kindle newb and don't actually know what an affiliate link looks like... or how one makes money off free books?!

I've tried a few searches, both by price and using terms like "save 100%" etc. - but wow, you need a lot of time to sift through it all!
NixLapi is offline   Reply With Quote