Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 07-17-2016, 01:58 PM   #931
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Aura One
doesnt matter which profile I use, as I mentioned, I tried everything. these images were made using kobo aura h2O profile, the same results wil be produced on kobo aura hd and basically everything else (all kindle profiles)

kobo aura h2o original image
http://i.imgur.com/GLeZj3w.jpg
kobo aura h2o converted stretched
http://i.imgur.com/ujySC0o.png
as you can see, the border is gone, but the comics/manga is ruined
kobo aura h2o converted upscaling
http://i.imgur.com/4VXGGUN.png
border still and always there.
am i going crazy? is this software working for everyone else?
//these converted pictures are in png format, but it is the same with jpg
hkckoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:12 PM   #932
hkckoo
Connoisseur
hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hkckoo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

is there a way to convert the images in cbz to certain width (lets say1080) and whatever height(in ratio to width)? it doesnt matter to me what the height is, as long as I can put the manga in landscape and fit it to width of the display
Advert
Old 07-17-2016, 02:14 PM   #933
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Working as intended.

Stretching ignore image ratio so it might distort image.
Upscaling will keep image ratio but that in most cases require margins on both sides.
AcidWeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 02:21 PM   #934
hkckoo
Connoisseur

well if the converted upscaled png had a transparent border, I could fit the images to content width and it would be on the display fullscreen, can I do that?
Old 07-17-2016, 03:16 PM   #935
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author
AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AcidWeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Not with KCC.

You can't display entire image fullscreen without distortions if it not match screen ratio.
Advert
Old 07-17-2016, 03:30 PM   #936
hkckoo
Connoisseur

well, what is the point then for comic book readers in using this comic book convertor? i tried like a dozen of mangas/comics and none of them fit on the page. why are those borders even there? why not just cut the image off right there? just use a profile for each reader, resize the image by width and leave them whatever height they had based on the original size and then at least you can zoom the page on full width of the readers display and can enjoy reading your stuff on fullscreen.
when you say "Not with KCC.", is there some different software that does this correctly?
Old 07-17-2016, 03:33 PM   #937
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Because scrolling suck on e-ink devices. Additionally device side image resizing affect battery life.

I'm not aware about any other software.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 07-19-2016 at 08:35 AM.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:38 PM   #938
Darrison
Darrison began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi authors of KCC,

I really love the KCC with its many options but I am having trouble converting the images so that it keeps a good level of grays. For example:

KCC
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Calibre
[Image violates Posting Guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

KCC offers a more limited grayscale level but I really like a more fullrange of grays. Is it possible to do this in KCC even if size is compromised a bit more? I tried all the options including png, hq panel, color mode but it still ends up lacking a lot of value.

edit: after playing around even more, I solved my own problem. Just set custom gamma to 1.

Last edited by Darrison; 07-21-2016 at 11:56 PM.
Darrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:56 PM   #939
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 11:58 PM   #940
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

Yes. Playing with gamma option is solution of this problem.

Be aware that KCC output will always look too dark on normal screen. You need to check the output on e-ink one.
Old 07-24-2016, 03:02 AM   #941
shinji16
shinji16 began at the beginning.

Device: pw3
Exclamation URGENT need a copy of Win KCC Ver 5.0

Version above 5.0.1: do not work at all for me. And it replaced my one installation. Ver 5.0 works good for me.

Please anyone who has a copy of Win KCC Vers 5.0.1: please pass a copy URGENTLY.

My Razor blade is win 8.1 on a x64 bit and it has some python and Visual c++ redistribution issues stopping the latest KCC to even launch.

I don't have time to fix why it won't work. It be great help if anyone can provide a copy.

Last edited by shinji16; 07-24-2016 at 03:07 AM.
shinji16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:00 AM   #942
Mondblut
Mondblut began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
What is the maximum size of a EPUB file for my dvice to be able to process it? Currently my manga epub file should be about 1.23 GB (manga has 155 chapters).. Is there a file size restriction for epubs? Should i make one epub per chapter istead?

Edit: Can i use the Kindle PW 1/2 profile for my Cybook Odyssey HD btw? Both have the same resolution.

Edit 2: should i disable conversion to grayscale (aka color mode) if i only read manga (which is grayscale by default).

Last edited by Mondblut; 08-15-2016 at 02:14 PM.
Mondblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:29 PM   #943
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
You should allow for conversion to grayscale to limit the size of the files unless the file is already a grayscale image. You will need to use a viewer to determine this by examining the info, lot by looking at the image. The size of a single xhtml file should be no more than about 250K but the images are loaded separately anyway. I would suggest keeping each image below 4 MegaBytes.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 02:45 PM   #944
Mondblut
Mondblut began at the beginning.

Device: Bookeen Cybook Odyssey HD FrontLight
Would grayscale conversion make any difference in terms of overall quality of the image?
Mondblut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 03:33 AM   #945
AcidWeb
KCC Co-Author

No. It should not impact quality. You might experiment with gamma option if images are too dark on your screen.

No. Don't use Kindle PW 1/2 profile. Even if you set EPUB output it will include some Kindle hacks that could have unknown impact on your device.

Can't say how big e-pub files are supported correctly by your device. For Kindle files biger than ~500MB start showing some performance degradation. As long file open and changing page don't takes too long you should be OK.

Last edited by AcidWeb; 08-16-2016 at 03:37 AM.

Tags
k5 tools, kcc, kindle tools