Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 03-16-2011, 12:09 PM   #91
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachasor View Post
Even if a friend recommended a work of fiction to you?
I didn't say never for fiction. I might at least start to read something a friend raved about. But that hasn't happened.

Quote:
I'd think wasting money on an episode guide would be a lot worse. What show doesn't have some website run by fans that does that for free? No reason to buy an ebook for that.
Geez, it was a quickie example. Obviously I'm not talking about episode recaps that I could look up myself on the Web. I mean something that perhaps compiles and analyzes a lot of information from different sources that I'd like to have in one place.

My point is that the self-published content I'm willing to pay for is basically informational, not creative.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 04:56 PM   #92
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by drachasor View Post
Well, that's one argument in favor of why setting a self-published price low ar 3 bucks or less is a good idea. Makes it a lot easier to pick up.

Btw, if you go via Barnes and Noble's Nook, you CAN lend an ebook to a friend (and I believe you maintain access to it during this time, but I am not sure). They get to look it over for a week.
You can lend Kindle books now, too.

But really, between free samples, user reviews, and low prices, I think the lending thing is sort of irrelevant for the purpose at issue.
Yes, we don't have the toss-the-paperback-to-a-friend thing, but we've gained other tools.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert