Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 AM   #1
Tune Tune
Tune Tune began at the beginning.

Device: KIndle Paperwhite
Android app for counting only active time in Nexus 7

I have a Nexus 7, 3G version. The Nexus 7 only shows you the total time it was on, counted from the latest charge, which included both idle/ sleep time and active time when the tablet was using. If you go to settings->battery, you will see a number of time described as "x day y hours z minutes... on battery" then if you go to settings->battery->tablet idle, sometimes you will see the so-called "time on", which can be the same or totally different number with the time described in settings->battery.

Is there any android app which is able to counting the exact time when the user actually uses the Nexus? I hope this app can automatically count the total active duration time, excluding idle/ sleep time. When I open the Nexus 7 to use, this app will start to count time, and when I put the Nexus 7 in idle or sleep mode, this app will pause to count but it will continue to count when i open the Nexus 7 to use on next time. Is there any android app like this? Thanks for help!

Sorry, I have just realized that I mispost this thread under the Kindle field. Awww!

Last edited by Tune Tune; 04-04-2013 at 08:26 AM.
Tune Tune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 11:59 AM   #2
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
There probably are apps doing what you said, though I'm not aware of any. However, wouldn't the Screen section in the battery stats give you the number you're after? Basically that should correlate to the amount of time you have actively used the tablet.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert