Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 10-09-2011, 06:00 PM   #1
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie
Last_of_the_PEs began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage PE
Best audio book player?

I've tried using Library to listen to audio book files, but I can't figure out how to play them all. It plays one, then after five minutes, I have to use the back button to close that file and choose the next.
Of course, it doesn't leave the last file highlighted, so I invariably start playing it twice, then go back and choose the next one.

Is there a playlist option I'm missing?

Otherwise, what software do others use to listen to audio books, or just listen to all MP3 files in a folder, in sorted order -- that would work too.

Thanks!
Last_of_the_PEs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM   #2
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color, Entourage Pocket Edge, iPod Touch 5th Gen
I haven't found an audio player, but I agree those really short tracks are annoying. I use a little program to join them, creating parts that are an hour or so long and naming them 01, 02, etc.

You could, of course, join all of the tracks and make just one long file for the audiobook, but then you'd have to make a mental note of where you were when you stopped listening.

Personally, I find the hour-long segments work best for me.
DianNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-10-2011, 09:39 AM   #3
jamina1
Connoisseur
jamina1 began at the beginning.

Device: Entourage Pocket eDGe
I use an app called "MortPlayer Audio books" on my phone and I have it installed on my PE as well.
https://market.android.com/details?i...from_developer
jamina1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
birdheh
birdheh began at the beginning.

Device: pocket entourage
Meridiam

On my phone I use a program called Meridian. It is a good audio book player. It remembers where within a track you are and automatically goes to the next track. I have not tried it on my PE
birdheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:57 AM   #5
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

MortPlayer won't download successfully.
I fondly remember how easy downloading things used to be before programmers got so creative with "markets" and QR codes and links sent to devices.
Double-click. It downloads.
If they really had to mess with that plan, couldn't they have done it in a way that worked?
Advert
Old 10-12-2011, 05:14 PM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last_of_the_PEs View Post
MortPlayer won't download successfully.
I fondly remember how easy downloading things used to be before programmers got so creative with "markets" and QR codes and links sent to devices.
Double-click. It downloads.
If they really had to mess with that plan, couldn't they have done it in a way that worked?

Android Freeware Lovers
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #7
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
How is Mortplayer Music different from Mortplayer Audio Books, I wonder??
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2011, 09:26 PM   #8
Last_of_the_PEs
Groupie

I don't know but it plays whole audiobooks! Thanks Gunner!
Old 10-22-2011, 11:56 PM   #9
DianNC
Banned
DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DianNC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It does!! And plays them in order!! And from a flash drive!! Thanks, Gunner!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 10:15 PM   #10
DianNC
Banned

So, I've been using MortPlayer for the longest time, but couldn't figure out a way to use it with both my external SD card and USB drive (without going into preferences each time -- it appears that step is necessary in order to load folders from each).

So, I found Astro Player - a free app at the Amazon App Store - and with just one click it loads ALL my audiobooks (from both the SD card and the USB drive). It downloads and installs in, literally, seconds.

Very cool!
Old 03-23-2012, 01:04 PM   #11
Gerrye
Zealot
Gerrye began at the beginning.

Device: 1 EE,3 PEs,HP Pro Slate12.2,&Kindle Paperwhite,GalaxyTabPro12.2,Note 4
Meridian plays everything, audio and video and plays them well... You can pick it up for free at the Android Marketplace (oops Google Play) ...
Gerrye is offline   Reply With Quote