Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 05-22-2012, 12:37 PM   #571
Ginwen
Addict
Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ginwen ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch/IPad
I took on 100k population, it kind of screwed me up across the board, but it's a bit more interesting when not everything is green so I'll probably do it again if I ever get caught up.
Ginwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:43 PM   #572
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB 623
Quote:
I'm working on ally #29
I do too thusI wonder why you went 21 first
Freeshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 07:02 PM   #573
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeshadow View Post
I do too thusI wonder why you went 21 first
Actually, I was going to chase Martin's freeholds - but he is still 200k pop ahead of me and pulls out faster and faster. I sat and looked at the numbers and decided I could take a brief pause and get a book for allies, then start chasing again.

So far, only Kell has been out ahead of me (in the chase after Martin, that is). So, others now have a chance to go ahead for a bit.

My other freehold is at 20 - it gobbled up 90K pop and I rebalanced the ansibles (but haven't changed politics, as it gets a decent number of gifts, still), so it now makes quite a bit more/turn. It is caught up on allies with my main, but is a bit behind on bucks (it is tempting to gobble up another 200K pop, just to see how bad it could possibly be....)
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:28 PM   #574
Freeshadow
temp. out of service
Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Freeshadow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah I see. The only thing I'm interested to chase after are the books and of course bugs should I step on one again.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:41 PM   #575
ATDrake
Wizzard
ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ATDrake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2 International, Sony PRS-T1, BlackBerry PlayBook, Acer Iconia
I'm just going to see if I can get to Level 15 and 25 alliances added before the official launch/probable reboot, which should be the 4th and 5th books for me. It'll probably take me that long to build up the Bucks required.

And for some bizarre reason I have 47 people who've decided to ally me, most of whom I don't recognize at all, 4 of whom did so in the past day or two. Maybe they just got sick of going through the alliance leader screens and randomly settled after 3-4 pages' worth?

I hope Baen overhauls the alliance payment system once they get out of beta because the trusty calculator says that returning the 47th alliance would cost $140,737,488,355,328, not to mention all the ones in between.
ATDrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-22-2012, 08:58 PM   #576
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATDrake View Post
I'm just going to see if I can get to Level 15 and 25 alliances added before the official launch/probable reboot, which should be the 4th and 5th books for me. It'll probably take me that long to build up the Bucks required.

And for some bizarre reason I have 47 people who've decided to ally me, most of whom I don't recognize at all, 4 of whom did so in the past day or two. Maybe they just got sick of going through the alliance leader screens and randomly settled after 3-4 pages' worth?

I hope Baen overhauls the alliance payment system once they get out of beta because the trusty calculator says that returning the 47th alliance would cost $140,737,488,355,328, not to mention all the ones in between.
I think we calculated how many years it would take to get to around 31 or so allies, also...
Old 05-23-2012, 01:32 AM   #577
twobits
Addict
twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobits ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I joined in. I currently find myself with time to read but little money for books, so a chance to win some free scifi in a game seems perfect right now.
twobits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:57 AM   #578
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
I joined in. I currently find myself with time to read but little money for books, so a chance to win some free scifi in a game seems perfect right now.
Not just sci-fi there's Fantasy *cough deed of paksenarrion and crash mashup history *cough* 163x
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:14 AM   #579
Freeshadow
temp. out of service

Exclamation ATTENTION new asset type!!!

Ther's a new asset, which in the game later on is intended to be a drop-on core upgrader, but read on(emphasis are mine:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Kruger at the bar
a City Core Upgrade Asset. This Asset will normally not be buyable. It will only be the output of a project. In a week or so, we will have filled all levels up to 25-30 with projects, and Core Upgrades (and to a far lesser extent, new City Cores) will be standard output.

Even though they won't normally be for sale, I'll probably let you buy a few Core Upgrades to test them out.
So in a normal game you 'll be able to get one per level max.

now have the facts:

Ansible:
Bucks/Cycle: 3100
Cost: 52500

Posthuman City Planners:
Bucks/Cycle: 5000
Cost: 45000

as soon as they become buyable I'm going to wipe the ansibles off the map.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:00 AM   #580
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobits View Post
Also checkout the Baen Free Libray.

bernie
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 05:09 AM   #581
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
I may have found my first bug. I just reached Level 18. I surrounded my Antimatter Reactor Town (still Level 17) with the Population, Military and Baen Bucks assets, all upgraded to Level 18. The Reactor Town gives me the opportunity to upgrade, but when I try I get an Error Message: "Error. This Asset has already been upgraded."

Shame, 'cause I could really use the energy!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM   #582
ghostyjack
Guru
ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ghostyjack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, 1825PT, Galaxy Tab, One X, TF700T, Aura HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
I may have found my first bug. I just reached Level 18. I surrounded my Antimatter Reactor Town (still Level 17) with the Population, Military and Baen Bucks assets, all upgraded to Level 18. The Reactor Town gives me the opportunity to upgrade, but when I try I get an Error Message: "Error. This Asset has already been upgraded."

Shame, 'cause I could really use the energy!
You are not the only one getting that.

I'm also at Level 18 and originally got the same error message you got. After a cycle though, when I click on my city core, the button to upgrade no longer has a cost on it and clicking the button does nothing. So I'm currently stuck with a Level 17 city core in a Level 18 freehold.
ghostyjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:14 PM   #583
koland
Grand Sorcerer

Had the same no-upgrade button issue with an Ansible I purchased. The next cycle, it did let me upgrade.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:16 PM   #584
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
My situation is now as ghostyjack described. I have an "upgrade" button with no cost associated with it, and clicking it does nothing.

EDIT: And 5 minutes later, it worked. I don't know if it was anything I did -- I just redeemed and redistributed some gifts.

Last edited by cromag; 05-23-2012 at 04:24 PM.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 06:03 PM   #585
plib
Guru
plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.plib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Don't know if this is a bug, a problem with my system or I'm just doing something stupid.

I got an indication that I had my first ebook, a freehold ebook, that had not been redeemed. I wasn't sure how the system worked, so I checked my email account - nothing there, so I figured I had to click the redeem button.

I clicked it on the scrolling information screen on top of the freehold page, and got an error message on the lines of "invalid JSON ?something I have now forgotten?(query?)". However it still showed 1 ebook and 0 redeemed on the percentage slider below, so I clicked that and got a message on the lines of "previously redeemed coupon being cleared from system".

Now it says I've earned one book and one has been redeemed but I have no indication on my email account, my Baen account or, as far as I can see, my PlanetBaen account where it is or what has happened to it?

Any ideas from someone who's already redeemed a coupon? Is the JSON error telling me I'm out a coupon after all that clicking and building? Am I a lucky Beta tester who's found a bug?
plib is offline   Reply With Quote