Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-03-2011, 09:20 PM   #1
jrt3a
jrt3a began at the beginning.

Device: none
Arrow Editing metadata through content server?

I've seen this topic raised a few times before (like here, over 2 years ago: http://oldbugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/1295), but I want to ask again since it's the one feature that would make Calibre a tool I use daily rather than merely every once in a while.

Has anyone done any work to make remote editing of metadata possible? I've done a lot of poking around the forums recently, but haven't found anything. I know that Kovid has said in the past that he planned to develop this feature eventually, but that it was not a priority. I would be surprised, though, if I were the only person who is really anxious to see this implemented. I would be happy with any tool that made this sort of editing possible, whether it is through the content server's current html interface, or a standalone program.

So, what is the state of development of this feature?
jrt3a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
There is no development on it as far as I know.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
jrt3a
jrt3a began at the beginning.

Device: none
Darn. Thanks for the quick reply. I hope you get to it someday. Thanks in the meantime for a great program.
jrt3a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
content server, edit library, edit tags, metadata, remote