Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-16-2010, 02:54 AM   #1
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
How long will 3G stay free?

I really like the Kindle, but my local library ebook format is not compatible with it, so I bought something else.

But one of the main advantages to me, of the Kindle 3, is the free 3G and the improved browser and I'd buy one if the 3G access stays free for at least a year.

I know this is a difficult and more of an insider question or even not answerable, but is there any news or good reasoning as to how much longer Amazon will keep offering the 3G access for free? If not, how much would you best guess Amazon would charge for it?

I think the improved browser makes the K3 a more viable browsing option. I wonder how much more bandwidth is being used because of it.

Last edited by menevets; 10-16-2010 at 02:54 AM. Reason: 3
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 04:53 AM   #2
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
If bandwidth ever becomes a problem, they will simply throttle it.

I had unlimited 3G for my computer a couple of years ago. They changed it so it was still unlimited, they just slowed it down. And then later they apparently made it so it would cut off after a while.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-16-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
curstpriest
Confused
curstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toyscurstpriest shares his or her toys

Device: Kindle DXG
I don't see any major telephone companies going out of business anytime soon.
Let's not worry about it.
curstpriest is offline   Reply With Quote