Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #36736
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
And you probably missed your moment whilst making that entry
No problem... As Scarlet said; "I'll never be hungry again!"
....Wait!.... That's not it.... it's "Tomorrow is another day!' Yeah!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:37 PM   #36737
bjones6416
↓↓ Skirt!! Earrings!!
bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bjones6416 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer netbook, JetBook Lite, Sony PRS-300, Kindle 2, Kindle Fire
I had two of my Chinese friends over for holiday baking today. Although they are very good cooks, they didn't know how to bake before they came here (no ovens in their homes), and they are loving it. We had so much fun!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-27 13.52.49.jpg
Views:	146
Size:	345.9 KB
ID:	115866   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-11-27 15.31.16.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	397.1 KB
ID:	115867  
bjones6416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #36738
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know what those things are, but the chocolate ones look delicious!

Stitchawl
Old 11-28-2013, 12:17 AM   #36739
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Today I spent quite a bit of time looking at MIDI keyboards. I'm looking for something that will play well with my iPad Air, perhaps something with around 37 keys. That would be very portable, small enough to sit in my lap, and have just enough keys to lay down some serious tracks.

And speaking of MIDI, the device called the Puc looks interesting. It's the result of a kickstarter campaign that recently ended. It's scheduled to hit the market sometime in December or January. I hope it's everything it's cracked-up to be, because it looks really sweet.

Stitchawl, are you into recording with your iPad? If so, what kind of interface and equipment are you using?
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 02:29 AM   #36740
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
Stitchawl, are you into recording with your iPad? If so, what kind of interface and equipment are you using?
No, I'm using my computer.
For an interface, I just bought a 'Focusrite' Scarlett 2i2 with its native plug-ins into 'Ableton Live' right now. I'm doing some experimenting with DAW software and this one has been touted to me by several of my guitar playing friends, as well as Cubase, so I'll try that afterwards. The Scarlett 2i2 has several nice utilities as plugins, but not nearly as many as are available in something like 'Native Instrument's Guitar Rig.' I also have Vox's "JamVox" hardware (interface) and software, which is similar to Guitar Rig. Both offer dozens of pedal controls on screen as well as dozens of different amps. But as primarily an acoustic player, the only effects I really care about seem to be just a touch of delay or reverb. I don't want any overdrive or distorted stuff. I like a nice clean sound. Both JamVox and Scarlett 2i2 are USB2 powered, so only one line between them and the computer, and one cable from my guitar to them.

Stitchawl
Old 11-28-2013, 06:24 AM   #36741
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A lazy man like me is always on the lookout for an easier way to do things. In the past I've used Sonar (huge learning curve, IMO, but a very powerful DAW) and a few others, but of course Sonar is solely Windows based. I've also bought some moderately expensive sound cards like the E-MU 1820m (see attachment) for Windows PCs, only to see them become too-rapidly obsolete. Now I'm looking for cheap and simple, and hopefully fully wireless. I thought I'd found something when I stumbled upon the M-Audio MidAir 37, a 37-key Wireless MIDI Keyboard (see second attachment). Unfortunately, that keyboard, which came out in 2006, is no longer available. That doesn't bode well for the Puc—that upcoming wireless MIDI interface I mentioned in my last post—but hope springs eternal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	emu_1820m_head.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	40.7 KB
ID:	115878   Click image for larger version

Name:	midair37.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	115879  

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 11-28-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 07:55 AM   #36742
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
A lazy man like me is always on the lookout for an easier way to do things. In the past I've used Sonar (huge learning curve, IMO, but a very powerful DAW) and a few others, but of course Sonar is solely Windows based. I've also bought some moderately expensive sound cards like the E-MU 1820m (see attachment) for Windows PCs, only to see them become too-rapidly obsolete. Now I'm looking for cheap and simple, and hopefully fully wireless. I thought I'd found something when I stumbled upon the M-Audio MidAir 37, a 37-key Wireless MIDI Keyboard (see second attachment). Unfortunately, that keyboard, which came out in 2006, is no longer available. That doesn't bode well for the Puc—that upcoming wireless MIDI interface I mentioned in my last post—but hope springs eternal.
I was looking at the MAYA44 XTe interface card for my computer but the guy in the shop suggested I try the Scarlett box instead. He said the sound quality through the Scarlett was better, and as I don't know one from the other, the Maya that he had was older, and the prices were the same, I went with his suggestion. The Maya came with Cubase LT, but I already have the full Cubase. (And and old copy of Sonar.) The Scarlett 2i2 came with Ableton, but I'm not going to be mixing more than 8-10 tracks anyway. If I find I want to, I'll install Cubase. As I said before, all the pedal effects of "Guitar Rig" or "JamVox" are wasted on me. I've tried both but I want a cleaner sound. I think this Scarlett might just do it!

Stitchawl
Old 11-28-2013, 04:14 PM   #36743
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Having shamelessly stuffed myself (after virtuously raking leaves before sitting down to eat), I napped briefly & am ready to depart on a healthy walk to aid digestion. [and kill time until the next football game kicks off]

[And yes - I did pick the winning dog whilst watching the competition]
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:59 PM   #36744
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Hiding for a bit. Dinner was awesome. Pies sometime soon. The kitchen is a disaster. Life is good. I am very blessed.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 07:54 PM   #36745
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
Having shamelessly stuffed myself (after virtuously raking leaves before sitting down to eat), I napped briefly & am ready to depart on a healthy walk to aid digestion. [and kill time until the next football game kicks off]

[And yes - I did pick the winning dog whilst watching the competition]

Just curious, Pooh... Did you cannibalize a cousin?

Stitchawl
Old 11-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #36746
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Just curious, Pooh... Did you cannibalize a cousin?

Stitchawl
Maybe .... it was a highly processed food product .... without any identifiable species markers ... that was .... delicious
Old 11-29-2013, 09:02 AM   #36747
poohbear_nc
Now what?

Enjoying an extra day off from work today .... working in the yard ...
Old 11-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #36748
Bilbo1967
Not scared!
Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bilbo1967 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10, Huawei M5 10
At work, but leaving soon and going out for Chinese food tonight.
Bilbo1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 01:09 PM   #36749
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Enjoying my morning coffee and debating braving a few crowds to pick up a couple of things.

Chinese food does sound good for this evening.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #36750
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

I've read that in many Jewish households, going out for Chinese food is a tradition on Christmas Day. Makes sense. I assume it's the least crowded day of the year for all restaurants, and since many of the owners of Chinese restaurants are also from backgrounds that don't celebrate Christmas, it's just another work day for them.

But getting back to the day after Thanksgiving; Chinese food would be an excellent choice except for all the leftovers we need to eat before they go bad.

Tags
android, banana bread - yummy, bread machines, drunk college student, duck!, hooters, how to make apple butter, how to make cream soda, invasion of privacy, liquid eyeliner, plockhoy, spice trade, thread that never ends, unutterable silliness, wait, what?