Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-30-2012, 08:51 AM   #751
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post
Hum, now this is strange. I have the font sizes patch configured, but not activated. It's affecting azw2 and mobi books, but it's doing nothing to azw3 books.
If the font sizes patch is not activated, it does not modify the device behavior or settings in any way (pretty logical, eh... ? )

However, the Kindle uses the reader.pref file to cache the reader settings, so you *might* actually still be using a previously configured setting. The solution is the same as for the margins patch: temporarily change the settings to something different, then back to your desired setting.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 01:49 PM   #752
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
I tried that a few times, but it didn't work.
Also, I tried installing the updated font size patch. I renamed it to blahblahblah.jar without unzipping it, and copyinh it to mnt/us/opt/jbpatch,but that didn't work. But that's not a problem, I'll just wait for the next version of jbpatch.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:47 PM   #753
blanca_luz
blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.blanca_luz shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Kindle DXi-Touch-Keyboard-FireHD; Nook Touch Glowlight; Sony PRS-T1...
Ixtab...
I just found the way to donate some $ to you

Jbpatch its GREAT so I find it fair to give something in return
blanca_luz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #754
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I tried that a few times, but it didn't work.
Also, I tried installing the updated font size patch. I renamed it to blahblahblah.jar without unzipping it, and copyinh it to mnt/us/opt/jbpatch,but that didn't work. But that's not a problem, I'll just wait for the next version of jbpatch.
Don't rename patch files. The file name is important.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-04-2012 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-05-2012, 05:49 AM   #755
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanca_luz View Post
Ixtab...
I just found the way to donate some $ to you

Jbpatch its GREAT so I find it fair to give something in return
Thank you very much, blanca_luz!!!

@all: thanks to your generous donations, I was able to purchase a Kindle Paperwhite. So JBPatch can soon enhance your reading experience both on the Kindle Touch, and on the Paperwhite*.

(*) Soon... really! I don't even have the PW yet... And once I do have it, it will probably take a couple of days to revise and adjust the patches.
Old 10-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #756
pirl8
Pest
pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pirl8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KT, PW3
Hi ixtab,

I've just extracred the ReadingTimer plugin from the KPW firmware.
It's still located in /opt/amazon/ebook/lib/ and has the same name (ReadingTimer.jar), has a few more localization files and it's about 64kb (against the KT version which is about 20kb).

I would like to see if it works as-is on KT with firmware 5.1.2 but I would prefer to leave the old files in place, untouched and unrenamed.

My Java knowledge is really poor so please don't blame me if I'm asking something obvious. Would it be possible to copy those classes somewhere else and load them from there (via the PluginConfig.xml file)? And, if yes, how?

Edit: I couldn't resist. I renamed old files and placed new ones in the same dir. It looks like the plugin isn't loaded. Reverting bak to original right now. It looks like someone more skilled than me is needed to find if a workaround is possible...

Last edited by pirl8; 10-05-2012 at 09:20 AM.
pirl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 09:03 AM   #757
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
My extremely limited knowledge would say something like TheClassName_en.jar should not destroy anything. and would be gracefully overlaid in the event it could be. There are notes on this type of implementation in the iHor / Ixtab Font Size thread.

The wiki has more to say on the subject IIRC and I am referencing the RESZING FONTS ON THE DX thread from memory.

HTH
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 12:56 PM   #758
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry for needing so much help but:

I tried to install the font size patch again by downloading the RIGHT file,and copying the .jar to /opt/jbpatch, and restarting, but it didn't work.

Also, the developer keys patch doesn't sem to work. I downloaded kindlecalc, copied the azw to documents, and restarting, but I get the message about it not being signed by an authorised develoer.

Edit: I've got the new font size patch now.

Edited edit: all sorted.

Last edited by icantbebothered; 10-08-2012 at 11:37 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 02:43 PM   #759
Antoinekamel
Addict
Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antoinekamel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ABC W p2
Smile Portuguese hyphenation corrected

Dear ixtab,

I've made a correction to the portuguese hyphenation file, which I annex. I hope you to make it default to your file (and, until there, everybody is welcome to download it here).

It only corrects the hyphenation of "ninguém", "alguém" and "aquém", which were, for example, "ning-uém", when, in portuguese, "guém" and "quém" does not get apart.

Thanks for your fabulous work.
Attached Files
File Type: xml pt.xml (11.9 KB, 441 views)
Antoinekamel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:23 AM   #760
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
My extremely limited knowledge would say something like TheClassName_en.jar should not destroy anything. and would be gracefully overlaid in the event it could be. There are notes on this type of implementation in the iHor / Ixtab Font Size thread.

The wiki has more to say on the subject IIRC and I am referencing the RESZING FONTS ON THE DX thread from memory.

HTH
Wrong

the "locale suffixing" only works for ResourceBundles (which is what we were talking about in the other thread). It doesn't work for anything else.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #761
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
Wrong

the "locale suffixing" only works for ResourceBundles (which is what we were talking about in the other thread). It doesn't work for anything else.
yup. always quote your refs : )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:30 AM   #762
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
Sorry for needing so much help but:

I tried to install the font size patch again by downloading the RIGHT file,and copying the .jar to /opt/jbpatch, and restarting, but it didn't work.

Also, the developer keys patch doesn't sem to work. I downloaded kindlecalc, copied the azw to documents, and restarting, but I get the message about it not being signed by an authorised develoer.

Edit: I've got the new font size patch now.
What do you mean by "didn't work" concerning the font sizes?

Concerning the developer keys patch: it obviously works, or otherwise you wouldn't be able to start the JBPatch UI either. Two possibilities:

1. either kindcalc is indeed signed with a certificate that is not included in the combined keystore - in which case the kindcalc dev should consider using the standard "test" certificate, instead of a home-brewed one.

2. You might still have the old version of the merged keystore installed - can't remember which, but some older versions of JBPatch shipped with a previous version. I also had a similar problem once. Try unregistering and re-registering the Kindle. This will remove the dev keystore (and give you some message like "your Kindle is no longer a Test Kindle", which is harmless), and re-install the current version of the keystore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoinekamel View Post
Dear ixtab,

I've made a correction to the portuguese hyphenation file, which I annex. I hope you to make it default to your file (and, until there, everybody is welcome to download it here).

It only corrects the hyphenation of "ninguém", "alguém" and "aquém", which were, for example, "ning-uém", when, in portuguese, "guém" and "quém" does not get apart.

Thanks for your fabulous work.
Thanks! I'll include it in the sources, and it will eventually be shipped with the next JBPatch version.

Edit: One question: did you find some documentation on the hyphenations file format somewhere, or did you just use trial and error? It may be helpful for other people if you could describe how one can make changes to these files, as they look pretty cryptic indeed.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 12:35 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:53 AM   #763
ixtab
(offline)

(removed, my mistake)

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 12:57 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:42 AM   #764
icantbebothered
Penguin

@ixtab: I'll try to hunt down diggory (he wrote kindcalc) to question him about developer keys. And I have jbpatch 2.40, so there's nothing I can do now.
Old 10-07-2012, 03:55 AM   #765
ixtab
(offline)

Quote:
@ixtab: I'll try to hunt down diggory (he wrote kindcalc) to question him about developer keys. And I have jbpatch 2.40, so there's nothing I can do now.
As I said, unregister and re-register your Kindle. the Kindcalc key has only been included in later versions of JBPatch, so if you had installed JBPatch before I included this key, you will still be using an old version of the keystore which doesn't include that key.

(In fact, I now remember that I had the exact problem that you mentioned while trying to install Kindcalc).

And yes, it may be a good idea to ask the developer to start using a well-known key. There is absolutely no reason to use a different one, as it only complicates things for everyone.

Last edited by ixtab; 10-07-2012 at 04:22 AM.

Tags
jbpatch, kindle touch hacks