Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
iExilschorsch
iExilschorsch began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-350
Best reader for Kanji support: Sony or Kobo

I am looking for a reader to practice reading Kanji text. I will buy the reader in Europe, so I need to install the Japanese dictionary and Kanji support after purchase. I am looking into the Sony PRS and the Kobo Touch/Glo models.

I wonder whether I can do this with any of the current models and whether one of those can be recommended for this purpose.
iExilschorsch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:38 AM   #2
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
You will need the Japanese firmware to do this. Regardless of your choice.
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2012, 07:11 AM   #3
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
I was just looking at both of those today, and think the Sony to be easier on my eyes. The kanji was clear and crisp with no ghosting between characters.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote