Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2006, 06:58 PM   #61
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Device: Reader / iPhone / Librie / Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by arivero
hmm could you try a ps with information about the parent process of each process, or a pstree if it available? I do not understand why so many copies of the contentlister to start with, I am afraid it could be an artifact of the way we are checking in.
I'll have to build a better ps.
scotty1024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 07:33 PM   #62
Mike Kostousov
Connoisseur
Mike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-booksMike Kostousov has learned how to read e-books

Device: Zaurus C1000/iLiad/SE K750i
I think, it is possible to use swap.
Somthing like that:

Code:
#!/bin/sh
dd if=/dev/null of=/mnt/card/.swapfile bs=1024 count=64K
mkswap /mnt/card/.swapfile
swapon /mnt/card/.swapfile
But, don't try to take out mmc card without "swapoff /mnt/card/.swapfile"

I also get dropbear worked. With public key it does connection to iliad more secure And it is possible to copy with scp. And navigate with konqueror via "fish://root@iliad_ip", but
fuser doesn't work with dropbear.

a.sh
Code:
#!/bin/sh
mkdir /home/root/.ssh
cp /opt/content/books/id_rsa.pub  /home/root/.ssh/authorized_keys
cp /opt/content/books/dr.sh /tmp
cp /opt/content/books/dropbear /tmp
cp /opt/content/books/dropbearkey /tmp

chmod 755 /tmp/dr.sh
chmod 755 /tmp/dropbear
chmod 755 /tmp/dropbearkey

if [ ! -e dropbear_dss_host_key ];then
/tmp/dropbearkey -t dss -f /opt/content/books/dropbear_dss_host_key
fi
if [ ! -e dropbear_rsa_host_key ];then
/tmp/dropbearkey -t rsa -f /opt/content/books/dropbear_rsa_host_key
fi
cp /opt/content/books/dropbear_dss_host_key /tmp
cp /opt/content/books/dropbear_rsa_host_key /tmp
sh /tmp/dr.sh &
dr.sh

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 30
/usr/bin/wired.sh start dhcp
sleep 5
/tmp/dropbear -d /tmp/dropbear_dss_host_key -r /tmp/dropbear_rsa_host_key
id_rsa.pub - your public key.
Attached Files
File Type: tar dropbear.tar (300.0 KB, 392 views)

Last edited by Mike Kostousov; 10-20-2006 at 07:57 PM.
Mike Kostousov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2006, 02:30 AM   #63
scotty1024
Banned
scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.scotty1024 is no ebook tyro.

Setting up a Zaurus cross compiler on Mac oS X page: http://www.lucid-cake.net/osx_arm/index_en.html
Old 10-21-2006, 07:47 AM   #64
k2r
Zealot
k2r doesn't litterk2r doesn't litter

Device: MP2K, iLiad
Great, thanks!
k2r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #65
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Device: NCR3125, Nokia 770,...
On a different note, Readers have got script execution this morning, via a bold reflash of the entire filesystem (they use cramfs and they can not penmanently modify a single file, they need to download the old fs, modify offline, and reflash it).

Their other disadventage is that they have not got X, so they need each application to access directly to the framebuffer or to speak with a controller application not in the open source tree. So they will still need some reverse engineering work.
arivero is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2006, 12:59 PM   #66
scotty1024
Banned

I can now verify that the instructions for building a Mac OS X cross compiler creates a cross compiler that compiles code that works on the iLiad Version 2.7.

My next step is to get to where I can compile X apps.

I've always wanted a calculator on my iLiad.
Old 10-21-2006, 02:47 PM   #67
arivero
Guru
arivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it isarivero knows what time it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty1024
I've always wanted a calculator on my iLiad.
The main problem is that, lacking SDK specs or ReverseEngineering, the only tool to update the screen is a command line tool, and it does a complete update with all the flash to white and black. No funny for each keypress.
Old 10-21-2006, 03:40 PM   #68
scotty1024
Banned

I know, there has to be some event that needs to be triggered to cause an update.

I figure the path to an SDK has several things to be knocked over, one by one.

Right now I'm working on compiling an X11 app.

Next, I'll run it.

If it doesn't update, then I'll find the update trigger I need to embed.

This thing is 95% open source and the other 5% is built with open source. Nothing is going to stand in our way for long.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:49 PM   #69
scotty1024
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov
I also get dropbear worked. With public key it does connection to iliad more secure And it is possible to copy with scp.
I can confirm this works for me, thank you for your excellent work!
Old 10-21-2006, 04:55 PM   #70
scotty1024
Banned

Anyone else notice this in root's start.sh?

Code:
# Temporary fix to show the WiFi mac address to the user
if [ ! -e /mnt/free/wlan_mac.txt ]
then
    echo "WiFi card MAC address:" > /mnt/free/wlan_mac.txt
    ifconfig wlan0 | awk '$4 ~ /HWaddr/ { mac = $5; gsub(/:/, "-", mac); print mac }' >> /mnt/free/wlan_mac.txt
fi
When I inspect the file:

Code:
root@ereader:~# cat /mnt/free/wlan_mac.txt 
WiFi card MAC address:
I guess I have my first iRex bug to fix.
Old 10-21-2006, 06:58 PM   #71
arivero
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kostousov

I also get dropbear worked. With public key
YESSS!!! I am in! I mean, I have now the Nokia 770 and the iLiad linked via an Ad-Hoc wireless connection, and I can enter with dropbear as you suggested!

The AdHoc is straightforward but wired.sh does not provide it. So instead of your simple

Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 30
/usr/bin/wired.sh start dhcp
sleep 5
... I am forced to use a full launch
Code:
#!/bin/sh
sleep 50
ethIf=wlan0
ethDrv=cf8385
ethDrv2=cfio
address=10.1.1.2
netmask=255.0.0.0
modprobe $ethDrv 2>/dev/null
iwconfig $ethIf mode Ad-Hoc
iwconfig $ethIf essid "iLiad"
ifconfig $ethIf > /dev/null
ifconfig $ethIf up address $address netmask $netmask
route add default gw 10.0.0.60
sleep 3
echo `date` > /opt/content/books/dbdate.txt
iwconfig > /opt/content/books/iwconfig.txt
ifconfig > /opt/content/books/ifconfig.txt
route > /opt/content/books/routes.txt
sleep 5
Note I have put a delay of 50 seconds. This is because I need time to abort the "searching" well before starting to bring up the wireless interface. So I press the button, I abort after 10 seconds going to the main menu of the iLiad, I wait the other 40 seconds, and I can connect. In the Nokia it is even easier, just create an adhoc connection using the menus, and specifying the same netmask blablablah... I am starting the Nokia before the iLiad, so I can check that iwconfig.txt gets to hang from the same cell.

The Xwindows access is also fine. I have gnuplot in the nokia, so I do export DISPLAY=10.1.1.2:0; gnuplot and then for instance plot sin(x) and yes, it appears (with manual updating of the screen, well). Fine. I am going to get LaTex in the Nokia and I can see the output in the iLiad.

AdHoc is a great thing because you do not need to rely in a common AccessPoint. Plus, the iLiad has ethernet (the Nokia hasnot) and the Nokia has bluetooth (iLiad not), so it is sort of synergetic, and same with the memory cards.

Last edited by arivero; 10-21-2006 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:43 AM   #72
scotty1024
Banned

Wow, it's like a real Unix or something.

Code:
root@ereader:/media/card# ls

Broadcast message from root (Sun Oct 22 05:40:35 2006):

The system is going down for system halt NOW!
Connection to 10.0.1.3 closed by remote host.
Connection to 10.0.1.3 closed.
Results of sliding the power switch in the middle of a session.

BTW don't be cd'd to /mnt/card and pull the card out, I knew better but in the excitement, I forgot.
Old 10-22-2006, 06:42 AM   #73
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by design256
eeek. that was quick

guess we'll have to keep working on an IDS-based exploit. I wonder if they also closed off the Xserver?
Sorry, it seems that it was my fault (the only explanation I can find is that the four times I tried it i must have misspelled somethibg). I've tried It today after sleeping something more reasonable that the other day and it still works. Phew!
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 06:44 AM   #74
Antartica
Evangelist
Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Antartica ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: quaderno, remarkable2, yotaphone2, prs950, iliad, onhandpc, newton
Quote:
Originally Posted by TadW
As far as I can tell 2.7 is unchanged since its initial release.
Yep. it is unchanged. I've compaed the wireless.sh and they're identical. My fault...
Antartica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 09:01 AM   #75
arivero
Guru

journaling fs?

I am afraid this could be a kind of bug:

Code:
cp /opt/content/books/id_rsa.pub  /home/root/.ssh/authorized_keys
Meaning, that if the filesystem does not remove the previous file, we are wasting 4Kbytes of storage space each time we activate the dropbear. If it is so, one should remove that line after gaining access, or at least to use a conditional if [ ! -e ... ];then instead. I'd suggest the former.