Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader > Sony Reader Dev Corner

Notices

Old 06-22-2011, 07:17 AM   #2236
mhier
mhier began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-350
Installation does not work on my PRS-350. The installer (" PRSP_350_2.0.12beta_setup.exe") first told me that my firmware needed to be updated first. After I did that (now it's 1.0.00.14080) it always tells me that it could not detect the reader.

Is there some trick around this?
mhier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:48 AM   #2237
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhier View Post
Installation does not work on my PRS-350. The installer (" PRSP_350_2.0.12beta_setup.exe") first told me that my firmware needed to be updated first. After I did that (now it's 1.0.00.14080) it always tells me that it could not detect the reader.

Is there some trick around this?
One of the following should help:

Try different USB port, check if cable is properly connected.
Try to reboot both reader and PC.
Close Sony Reader library, if it is open.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-22-2011, 05:07 PM   #2238
pampalini
Enthusiast
pampalini began at the beginning.

Device: sony 505 & PRS600 aka Touch Edition
Kartu!
Just installed prs+ on my PRS-600...great work! Love the stand-by picture...
I have one question...Is it possible to have the same standby function on my beloved 505?
Btw..great work
bye
pampalini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2011, 07:47 PM   #2239
Kerfuffle
Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.Kerfuffle is faster than slow light.

Device: Sony Prs-650 (mine) Sony PRS-T1 (wife's)
Hi guys

Quick question, does installing delete the books you have on your device? I have a 650 and although I am not sure how PRS+ will affect my day to day use, I have seen enough of you rave about it to give it a go.

Naturally I will backup everything on the device before I give it a whirl.
Kerfuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 02:17 AM   #2240
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampalini View Post
Love the stand-by picture...
I have one question...Is it possible to have the same standby function on my beloved 505?
Not yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerfuffle View Post
Quick question, does installing delete the books you have on your device?

Naturally I will backup everything on the device before I give it a whirl.
It doesn't delete books you have on your device, backing important stuff up is recommended nevertheless.
Advert
Old 06-23-2011, 05:31 AM   #2241
pampalini
Enthusiast

Hi Kartu....
"not yet"...means that "theoretically" is possible to have this function on 505...it's just that is not yet developed on the the last prs+ version for 505...am I right?
If it's so..that's a great news....
bye
Old 06-23-2011, 05:34 AM   #2242
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by pampalini View Post
"not yet"...means that "theoretically" is possible to have this function on 505...it's just that is not yet developed on the the last prs+ version for 505...am I right?
Yep.
Mark has found a place in binary responsible for clearing screen when going off. So it's a matter "when there will be time to actually add this feature" now.
Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 AM   #2243
mhier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartu View Post
One of the following should help:

Try different USB port, check if cable is properly connected.
Try to reboot both reader and PC.
Close Sony Reader library, if it is open.
Thanks for the answer. I already tried all that, I even tried a completely different computer (with no Sony Reader Software installed).

In principle it should work with the 1.0.00.14080 firmware?
Old 06-23-2011, 06:08 AM   #2244
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhier View Post
In principle it should work with the 1.0.00.14080 firmware?
Yes.

PS
I guess you've downloaded setup for the wrong version of the reader.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:47 AM   #2245
pampalini
Enthusiast

Quote:
Yep.
Mark has found a place in binary responsible for clearing screen when going off. So it's a matter "when there will be time to actually add this feature" now.
Cool!!!
Just another question...I have the new prs+ version also on my 505....but I do not why I have no Italian localization in my Language set-up....not a big problem, but I really do no understand why is not there...
bye
Old 06-23-2011, 06:52 AM   #2246
mhier

Quote:
I guess you've downloaded setup for the wrong version of the reader.
I am unfortunately quite sure that it was the correct one, but I will double-check when I am home again :-)
Old 06-23-2011, 09:04 AM   #2247
gramms
gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gramms ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & Glo
What standby screen on the PRS 600?

I installed PRS+ successfully however my standby screen is blank. Unless you mean the opening screen with the selections on it.(?) Am I missing something?

grams
gramms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:19 AM   #2248
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by gramms View Post
I installed PRS+ successfully however my standby screen is blank. Unless you mean the opening screen with the selections on it.(?) Am I missing something?

grams
I believe you need to manually create the directory
/database/system/PRSPlus/wallpaper/ Then put in whatever images you want.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 09:21 AM   #2249
kartu
PRS+ author

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I believe you need to manually create the directory
/database/system/PRSPlus/wallpaper/ Then put in whatever images you want.
At the moment it works this way only on 600 model.
Unless I've added it to x50 and forgotten it.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:22 AM   #2250
mhier

Is there any way to install this on the 350 manually (i.e. without the installer)? Normally I only use Linux, so it's kinda long-winded to run the installer for me :-) And maybe I would see where and why it fails (or it wouldn't fail then...).