Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Legacy E-Book Devices

Notices

Old 02-05-2009, 07:34 AM   #1
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
REB1200's latest firmware (v4.2f22) allows 2GB CF external cards

After maxing out my 1GB CF external card, I thought, I'd get a replacement.

They don't make many 1GB Compact Flash Type I cards anymore and even the 2GB CF Type I cards are scare.

I recalled that Garth Conboy of eBook Technologies, Inc. had previously said that an unreleased firmware update was required to use CF cards larger than 1GB. Well last year, in the summer, that firmware update was "pushed out", in part, as a consequence of working on Impserve by ashkulz.

I tried a US$10 Kingmax 2GB CF Type I card (80x speed, though I didn't notice any "real" speed-up) and it works great. The card is formatted FAT which has a 2GB max limit, so I don't think a 4GB card would work.

Anyone care to try with a spare 4GB/8GB CF card or a CF Type II card, just to see if it's compatible?

Thanks!
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote