Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-20-2012, 03:14 AM   #1
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
SkipStone browser for Kindle Touch

This thread evolves from Alternative browser thread.
I'll be quick.
I finally managed to turn SkipStone browser into something usable for Kindle Touch users. It is very lightweight and simple application. May be considered as a replacement for built-in browser. It may be better for some uses and worse for others. You will find out for yourself.
I repaired major bugs and gathered stuff into GUI Launcher package that you will find on my webpage. There are some more instructions there too.
Please test.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.gif
Views:	3642
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	94504   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot2.gif
Views:	3633
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	94505   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot3.gif
Views:	3152
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	94506   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot4.gif
Views:	2851
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	94507  

Last edited by baf; 10-20-2012 at 03:23 AM.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:30 AM   #2
flipacholas
flipacholas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
This is a real browser for the Kindle! There some bugs but it doesn't matter because its the first version.
Here's a trip for the next release: When you touch the adress bar it doesn't select the adress so you have to delete it manually, so it will be better if when you touch the adress its already selected.
flipacholas is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 04:43 AM   #3
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1

Now I have to try this.
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 04:59 AM   #4
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Tır
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Piss in my pants awesome.

: )
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:03 AM   #5
icantbebothered
Penguin
icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icantbebothered ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2.1
Before I posted this, this thread had 33 times more views than replies!

WTF?
icantbebothered is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #6
twobob
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post

WTF?
Standard
Old 10-20-2012, 05:10 AM   #7
eureka
but forgot what it's like
eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eureka ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by icantbebothered View Post

WTF?
Before I edited this post, it wasn't edited.

EDIT: now, it's edited. Flood grows!

Last edited by eureka; 10-20-2012 at 05:10 AM. Reason: editing
eureka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #8
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by eureka View Post
Before I edited this post, it wasn't edited.

EDIT: now, it's edited. Flood grows!
Any distance on Gnash? I also tried out a few htmls5 bits with no mileage (hey I'm an audio guy would dearly love a way to inject media - know what I mean?)

Well that was it. Later.
Old 10-20-2012, 05:24 AM   #9
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Thank you! Very glad the first release alternative browser for Kindle with a GUI. There are some errors. When you press "Enter" in the address appears the symbol "-" because it does not go to the link occurs. When you click on the search results in Google does not click.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 07:22 AM   #10
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I noticed I forgot to set default screen orientation to landscape.
SkipStone is designed to run in this mode.
New package with corrected startup script is on my webpage.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
Thank you! Very glad the first release alternative browser for Kindle with a GUI. There are some errors. When you press "Enter" in the address appears the symbol "-" because it does not go to the link occurs. When you click on the search results in Google does not click.
I can't reproduce it. Do you still use 5.0 firmware? It may be not supported.
Old 10-20-2012, 07:26 AM   #12
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
Any distance on Gnash? I also tried out a few htmls5 bits with no mileage (hey I'm an audio guy would dearly love a way to inject media - know what I mean?)
There won't be any difference in rendering pages comparing to native browser. It is the same engine.
Gnash is ready. If I manage I will publish it in the evening. Don't expect too much. It only copes with basic flash programs.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:10 AM   #13
pepijndevos
Connoisseur
pepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austenpepijndevos has memorized the entire works of Homer, Shakespeare, and Jane Austen

Device: Kindle 4NT
K5 only?

Nice effort though
pepijndevos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:58 AM   #14
twobob

Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
There won't be any difference in rendering pages comparing to native browser. It is the same engine.
Gnash is ready. If I manage I will publish it in the evening. Don't expect too much. It only copes with basic flash programs.
I'm thinking soundcloud. that's pretty basic

just some sound!
thanks very much
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_220.png
Views:	1577
Size:	95.4 KB
ID:	94522   Click image for larger version

Name:	TightVNC: kindle:0.0_221.png
Views:	1507
Size:	93.8 KB
ID:	94523  

Last edited by twobob; 10-20-2012 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #15
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
You wouldn't happen to know that recording artist of the same name, would you?
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
browser, gui lanucher, kindle, launcher add-ons, touch